Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/2/2018 10:33:17 PM EDT
For you guys that have a 50 BMG upper riding on an AR style lower what is your favorite trigger group?

I'm collecting parts for my 50 build and I have seen some, sort of mil-spec looking triggers with unique hammers that have extra mass.

I have also read about problems with some of the nicer drop in AR triggers that have a light pull because they suffer from light primer strikes on a BMG

I am curious about triggers like the Hyperfire 24c or Competition as I think they call it now. Single stage, and claim with the strong toggle springs it hits much harder than a standard mil-spec.

I'm not opposed to a two stage trigger either, I have several MBT's ands G2S triggers in other rifles but I don't know if they would have enough "oomph" to reliably set of the 50 primer.

Help me out guys, you have more experience than I in the land of 50's (which is really just shooting them a few times).

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/2/2018 11:27:27 PM EDT
[#1]
When i put my BMG upper together 10 years ago i went with a Jard, 1.5#, AR Adjustable, Single Stage Trigger System w/Weighted Hammer
have over 1,000 round down range with it and have no regrets about the decision

http://www.jardinc.com/pagear/
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 12:59:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KD185:
When i put my BMG upper together 10 years ago i went with a Jard, 1.5#, AR Adjustable, Single Stage Trigger System w/Weighted Hammer
have over 1,000 round down range with it and have no regrets about the decision

http://www.jardinc.com/pagear/
View Quote
Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. I just checked their site and they have about 17 different triggers. do you by chance remember which one you got?

Also what are your thoughts on single shot vs. mag fed?
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 9:31:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Bear in mind that many 50 uppers have a proprietary hammer that is engineered to cock from the cycle of the bolt. I haven't tried other triggers in my upper which is the tactilite/ligamec/serbu/safety harbor style. All those uppers use a very unique looking hammer.
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 10:50:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Well to keep this updated in case anyone finds this thread later on, the LaRue MBT-2s does not work with my .50 upper.

When the hammer is as low as it can get it still sticks up above the top edge of the lower receiver, this makes it impossible to retract the bolt.

So in went a mil spec trigger with their special hammer and it works now, but man it has some terrible trigger creep.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 10:48:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the JARD 3573 Straight Trigger Kit AR SM Top Adj 3 lb. Weighted Single Stage in my Raptor 50. AR build. Love it! Have around 100 rounds with no issues..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top