Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/15/2021 10:55:13 AM EDT
Someone I know has a M82 and wants to put their Vortex Razor HD II 4.5-27x56mm scope on it.  I had two main questions.

1.  What would be the recommended ring height and everyone’s opinion for a good cheek weld?

2.  Any recommendations on 34mm rings?  I have used the Vortex Percision matched rings (manufacture by Seekins) in the past for Percision rifle‘s But didn’t know if that would be applicable in this case.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 11:19:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I put the exact scope and vortex precision rings on my beloved M99. I used the "high" rings. 1.45" PMR-34-145.

If you use rings that are shorter than these the scope will come in contact with the picatinny rail.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 2:05:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 7:22:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By evinrude1846:
I put the exact scope and vortex precision rings on my beloved M99. I used the "high" rings. 1.45" PMR-34-145.

If you use rings that are shorter than these the scope will come in contact with the picatinny rail.
View Quote

Any issues with cheek weld or the scope being too high to use easily?
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 10:05:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Because its a monolithic upper rail, you’ll want around a 1.4-1.5” high ring.

I have a cronus 4.5-29 thats basically a razor dimensionally, and I stuck it in a spuhr isms 4002 mount.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 11:02:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ARandomClaymore] [#5]
Midwest Industries 34mm QD mount. Call first before placing your order. Shows up as OOS, but you are placed on a waiting list. Specifically rated for .338 and 50bmg applications.

https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/QD-34mm-Extreme-Duty-Scope-Professional-Grade-p/mi-qd34xdsm.htm

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 2:54:01 AM EDT
[#6]
MPA makes a 34mm mount just for the razor to clear on their rifles, damn nice mount and it won't break the bank..they list several heights as well..Oh, and they are in stock for several of them....

https://masterpiecearms.com/shop/mpa-ba-bolt-action-mount/
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 11:16:03 AM EDT
[#7]
I have this same set up and I used Barrett's Zero gap 34mm rings at ultra high height. This is 1.4" and just clears the bell on my Razor.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top