Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/6/2023 7:38:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DirtyDirk]
I have some fly fishing gear I'd like to sell.
Where is a good place on line to sell rods and reels.

Don't say "the Fly Fishing Forum"
I've tried there and while I sold one there seems to be little interest in 5-10 year old stuff.
All the stuff are Sage rods and mostly Lamson reels.
5 wt to 8 wt stuff, used for trib fishing in the great lakes mostly.
Not looking to get my money back and am willing to let it go relatively cheap.

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 2:06:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Online, about your only choice is eBay. eBay sucks though now due to their fees and as the seller getting scammed by buyers who eBay and PayPal with side with automatically.

Try consignment at a local fly shop, some fly fishing clubs have member sales, etc.
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 2:34:17 AM EDT
[#2]
local fly shops, none closer than an hour away.
I've looked in my local craigslist and very rarely will any fly fishing stuff show up.
Ideally I'd like sell it local and do away with all the shipping but it is what it is I guess
Thanks for the reply.
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 6:21:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SpeyRod] [#3]
Craigslist can move some stuff but it will be cheaper there. F eBay. Local fishing/outdoors forums often have equipment exchanges. I have moved a number of nice reals on a local board. I don’t do book of faces but I am told it’s a good place to sell stuff.

I am going to be helping a widow sell a lot of high end fly reels maybe as soon as next week. Mostly Able, Bauer and Fin Nor. I will list them on the local board and on here.

Just created a listing here: https://www.ar15.com/forums/Equipment-Exchange/Fly-rods-and-reels-Sage-Winston-Scott-Tibor-Billy-Pate-Able-Teton-Bauer/156-2349792/

Hope I don’t get my fly slapped for that!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top