Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/12/2022 6:09:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WildBoar]
I spent the holiday weekend up in Lake Kissimee and noticed there were tons of fish at about the 12 foot and 6 foot levels along the sides of the river chanel. Stopped and dropped a minnow down about 6 feet and got a nice sized spek.  Of course they are moving and not hanging around cover like they do in the winter so I was looking into trolling for them.

I know each area is different and here in Fl the water is in the 80s in the summer so they behave differently but in some way they should share some common behaviors. Monniws catch em of course but the river and lake have tons of shad.

Anyone here troll for crappie? Have any tips?
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 6:22:10 PM EDT
[#1]
When I was a kid we would sometimes troll with minnows but no real technique. Just experimented with depth and speed till it started working.

Around here folks set up with jigs and multiple rigs and do pretty good in the spring.

I do know that they are damn good to eat.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top