Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/27/2020 8:21:20 PM EDT
I have a 10 month old lab rescue mix that has become afraid of people. We were at a friends house that he has been to since he was 2 months old and I noticed that he was hiding from everyone. He has always been very outgoing. The only difference was the number of people there. Any ideas.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 12:37:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Did anything happen that you can remember, someone scaring him by accident when he was there?  I've seen dogs that are scared of people and take forever to warm up to you, but if he was friendly and suddenly changed, that's odd.

I'm no expert, just spitballing.  Maybe someone will see this that might have an idea or info.  Good looking pup, by the way.  Please give him a good scratch for me.
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 2:32:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Spleenless-Dave:
Did anything happen that you can remember, someone scaring him by accident when he was there?  I've seen dogs that are scared of people and take forever to warm up to you, but if he was friendly and suddenly changed, that's odd.

I'm no expert, just spitballing.  Maybe someone will see this that might have an idea or info.  Good looking pup, by the way.  Please give him a good scratch for me.
View Quote

That's the strange part non of us can remember what could have happened other than being people that he did not know. We have been back since and he still exhibits that same type of behavior.
Hopefully since he is young he will outgrow it.
Scratch given.
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 10:21:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: USSRangerSM] [#3]
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 9:01:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By USSRangerSM:
was there a lot of extra noise that he wasn’t used to?

Besides those people that you say he’s met before, do you spend time with socialization for him of other dogs and people in general?
View Quote

Yes there was more noise than normal due to the number of people. I have taken him to other peoples homes and he has always been very friendly and outgoing although he has been wary of children. He still gets along with other dogs.
He has been back to my friends house since then and is afraid of them and he was always friendly with them.
My sister and brother-in-law who he has met will be over this weekend and I will have to see how he reacts.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 2:32:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: USSRangerSM] [#5]
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 5:31:21 PM EDT
[#6]

sometimes dogs just have a better sense of people than we do, LOL.
Try to find an area that there’s a lot of people that you can take him on a leash and see how he reacts in public, maybe that’ll get him used to having  a lot of things going on at once
View Quote

I was on the Forrestal. Part of the decom crew.
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 5:37:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 8:07:02 AM EDT
[#8]

The old forest fire... it’s sad watching them dcom the ships, Bunch of people try to save the Ranger but to no avail... What was your rate?
View Quote

The same thing with us. I just cost to much to keep up a ship of that size.

Data Systems Tech and you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top