Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Pay it forward HAM RADIO (Page 1 of 9)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Posted: 4/12/2010 6:11:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DanishM1Garand]
I have a Kenwood Rapid Charger KSC-32 without the Wall Wart transformer. This is for the For KENWOOD NX-200, NX-300, TK-5210, TK-5310, TK-2180, TK-3180 radios. I also have 2 UHF440 Commercial mobile antennas without base.

Free for the asking. I will ship US addresses only. Outside the US on your dime is acceptable.
Link Posted: 4/12/2010 8:58:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/12/2010 10:12:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tony-Ri] [#2]

Great Idea!

I have a few Mocom 70 VHF high-band drawers and some Low and High-band VHF Micor drawers. They're just taking up much needed space and I'll never get around to using them.

Free to a good home, but these things are heavy: in person is free or you pay for shipping. (Sounds fair IMHO)

Link Posted: 4/13/2010 12:17:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Great idea!

Ive got 4 MCX1000 Motorolas, just the radios themselves, set up in marine band.  You pay shipping.
Link Posted: 4/13/2010 12:33:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/13/2010 4:13:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DanishM1Garand] [#5]
Originally Posted By SikDMAX:
Great idea!

Ive got 4 MCX1000 Motorolas, just the radios themselves, set up in marine band.  You pay shipping.

Dibs on one.

Also a 12v gel cell 7 ah for 20 hours up for grabs GONE!
Link Posted: 4/13/2010 5:26:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I always miss the cool stuff, I could really use  2 of them

if so I have a few antenna parts

Link Posted: 4/13/2010 5:43:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By jimlostt:
I always miss the cool stuff, I could really use  2 of them

if so I have a few antenna parts

What do you have?
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 11:54:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: genesis] [#8]
I've got some Andrew F4NMV2  N Type male connectors for 1/2 Superflex (FSJ4 50)

SMA 90* male connectors for RG58/59 (I have more than 5)

N Type male 90* adaptors

you pay for postage.
Let me know what you need.
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 3:10:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 12:07:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Garand_Shooter:
I have about 8-9 working Motorola HT-600's and about 10 non-working.

All UHF, all in the 403-436 split so they can be used in the ham band, just not the part we normally use for FM work.

No knobs, no batteries, no antennas, cases are rough.

Free to anyone who wants any. They are fun to experiment with, and if nothing else you can wire them up to a power supply on the bench and experiment with them. If you burn them up, nothing lost. They could be good link radios as well. Take two and build a low power repeater in an ammo can.
Just pay whatever Fedex Ground wants to get them to you.

I could use two working units for a "Cousin of can" project I have in mind.
IM inbound.

Link Posted: 5/13/2010 7:47:10 PM EDT
[#11]
I know it is a pay it forward thread but if anyone has the ARRL study book for General I am looking at studying that so I can upgrade hopefully this summer/fall.
Link Posted: 5/13/2010 8:08:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By WING25C:
I know it is a pay it forward thread but if anyone has the ARRL study book for General I am looking at studying that so I can upgrade hopefully this summer/fall.

i just used a PDF study guide i found on the net then took several of the online test. passed with no problems.
Link Posted: 5/13/2010 11:29:13 PM EDT
[#13]

Originally Posted By WING25C:

You're in luck.  I have an ARRL General Class License Book.  I've already taken the test and passed.  If you want, you can borrow the book for as long as you need it.  Just IM me with your addr and I'll mail it to you.  It's practically in great condition.
Link Posted: 7/2/2010 7:13:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: A_Free_Man] [#14]
For those just wondering about ham radio... I have a copy of Ham Radio for Dummies for whoever wants it.

IM your address.

Update:  It's been asked for.
Link Posted: 7/2/2010 8:51:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Bump.
Link Posted: 7/18/2010 1:22:55 AM EDT
[#16]
I have a signalink cable for 5 pin DIN to RJ45. I use an 857D that uses a mini-din, and don't need it.
Link Posted: 7/18/2010 11:59:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Im going to throw out the use of a Tech or General book for use as long as someone may need it.

I would like to have it back eventually though.

VRMN
Link Posted: 7/28/2010 2:56:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By VRMN8R:
Im going to throw out the use of a Tech or General book for use as long as someone may need it.

VRMN

I'd love to borrow one or both to study for the tests.  I'm hoping to make it to a test at the beginning of Sept, and do Tech+General at the same time.

Online study guides are great, but I want to know more than just the answers to the questions.
Link Posted: 7/29/2010 1:10:03 AM EDT
[#19]

Originally Posted By Simms13:

VRMN

I'd love to borrow one or both to study for the tests.  I'm hoping to make it to a test at the beginning of Sept, and do Tech+General at the same time.

Online study guides are great, but I want to know more than just the answers to the questions.

the tech test just changed, so the study guide wont be the best one out there....  

Link Posted: 7/29/2010 12:47:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Right... July 1st...
Link Posted: 7/29/2010 7:02:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VRMN8R] [#21]
Man, I havent been in here for a few days since I posted this (I apoligize).

IM me your addy and I will get it out as soon as I can.

VRMN
Link Posted: 7/30/2010 11:47:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: VRMN8R] [#22]

VRMN

I'd love to borrow one or both to study for the tests. I'm hoping to make it to a test at the beginning of Sept, and do Tech+General at the same time.

I will get both books sent out to you.

I dont know how much the tech book will help but Ill send it also.

ETA: SENT!
Link Posted: 8/2/2010 11:11:09 PM EDT
[#23]
If there is anyway your willing to let this keep traveling I'd be interested in the Tech book for my wife.

VRMN

I'd love to borrow one or both to study for the tests. I'm hoping to make it to a test at the beginning of Sept, and do Tech+General at the same time.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/2/2010 11:22:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VRMN8R] [#24]

Originally Posted By Travis:

If there is anyway your willing to let this keep traveling I'd be interested in the Tech book for my wife.

VRMN

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Get ahold of Simms and see what he is going to do with it.

I dont think he has received them yet.

Link Posted: 8/2/2010 11:25:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Genesis, if you still have those connextors, I'll take them! A few of us are trying to get a 900MHz repeater setup here, and we're probably going to be using Superflex for short and portable runs.
Link Posted: 8/3/2010 10:09:57 AM EDT
[#26]
Let me know what you need.
Link Posted: 11/4/2010 10:32:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fiver] [#27]

ARRL General Class License Manual.  Good through 30-JUN-2011
Corners and cover are a bit beat up.  Small creases in binding.  No dog ears or writing in book.  Shipped free to you, claim it and PM me a mailing addy.

Link Posted: 11/5/2010 1:36:07 AM EDT
[#28]

Originally Posted By fiver:

http://www.arrl.org/shop/images/P/9965-01.jpg

Corners and cover are a bit beat up.  Small creases in binding.  No dog ears or writing in book.  Shipped free to you, claim it and PM me a mailing addy.  

im'd

Link Posted: 11/5/2010 1:38:50 AM EDT
[#29]

Originally Posted By tesla120:

Originally Posted By fiver:

http://www.arrl.org/shop/images/P/9965-01.jpg

im'd  

On the way

Link Posted: 11/20/2010 2:12:33 AM EDT
[#30]
IF ANY ONE ELSE HAS A STUDY BOOK I WOULD LOOK TO CHECK ONE OUT WHILE ALL MY ARMY TRAINING IS BEING DONE ON CODBO SO THANKS GUYS JUST TRYN TO GIT CERTIED
Link Posted: 12/2/2010 10:47:33 AM EDT
[#31]
Does anyone have a ADMS-VX170 ? just need to borrow
Link Posted: 12/2/2010 6:40:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SargeRN] [#32]
Neez, let me look in my ham software files just might have what you're looking for!

OK My turn!

Anyone have a programming cable and the ADMS software for a FT-2800M. Like Neez just need to borrow it for a bit.

Sarge

EDIT: Neez e-mail me a address I have the disk!  you know how to do this!  sargern at swwmail dot net
Link Posted: 12/8/2010 5:34:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Neez, mailed the disk Monday afternoon you should be getting it shortly.
Sarge
Link Posted: 12/17/2010 8:31:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Neez, still haven't heard from you? Did the disk arrive??
Sarge
Link Posted: 1/5/2011 7:44:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Gary did you get the disk??? It's been over a month since I sent it and I've heard nothing from you???

Sarge
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 11:12:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Well guess I've been "ripped"! Sent disk on 12/6 and have had NO CONTACT with Neez with a couple of e-mails and the 2-3 requests for info here. So guess I'm out a ADMS disk for the VX 170! Now I WILL retract this if I hear he has been in the hospital or some such but come on almost 2 months without contact, it's possible but?????

Sarge
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 3:31:26 AM EDT
[#37]
well, I suppose I can repost the Arfcom General Study guide...
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:24:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By SargeRN:
Well guess I've been "ripped"! Sent disk on 12/6 and have had NO CONTACT with Neez with a couple of e-mails and the 2-3 requests for info here. So guess I'm out a ADMS disk for the VX 170! Now I WILL retract this if I hear he has been in the hospital or some such but come on almost 2 months without contact, it's possible but?????

Sarge

Last Login Date: 1/30/2011 6:28:51 PM CST

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 9:18:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Im still waiting for my books I loaned out to come back to me.

Good luck Sarge!!
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 11:27:28 PM EDT
[#40]

Good luck Sarge!!

if it makes you feel any better your tech book was out of date, and your general book will be too in a few months

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 7:12:58 PM EDT
[#41]

Good luck Sarge!!

if it makes you feel any better your tech book was out of date, and your general book will be too in a few months

Yip, I knew that on both accounts.

He still wanted the tech book to get an idea.

Should be in the mail tomorrow though.

Link Posted: 2/3/2011 2:34:38 PM EDT
[#42]

All UHF, all in the 403-436 split so they can be used in the ham band, just not the part we normally use for FM work.

Free to anyone who wants any. They are fun to experiment with, and if nothing else you can wire them up to a power supply on the bench and experiment with them. If you burn them up, nothing lost. They could be good link radios as well. Take two and build a low power repeater in an ammo can.

I could use two working models if you still have them.

I have 4 new OEM Motorola Batteries model NTN9858B for Motorola XTS1500, XTS2500, PR1500, MT1500 two way radios.   These are over $100 a piece so I ask who ever wants them to pay the shipping.
Link Posted: 2/3/2011 5:24:58 PM EDT
[#43]
I may take you up on those batteries...

All the stuff I posted a year ago is still available...
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 6:43:08 PM EDT
[#44]

I will pay shipping!
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 7:30:47 PM EDT
[#45]

Originally Posted By stanprophet09:

I will pay shipping!

sent! no reimbursement needed.

Link Posted: 2/9/2011 11:00:57 PM EDT
[#46]

I have been seriously wanting some form of communication other than cell! If you or any of you still have a working radio of any type, I would be more than willing to pay shipping.
Link Posted: 2/12/2011 7:14:57 PM EDT
[#47]
I have a bunch of Motorola "Compa-Station" (Micor) repeater cards if anyone needs them. In the bunch are squelch gate, line driver, guard tone, PL tone, F1-F2 etc. I have several of each, condition unknown but they look like they were taken care of and probably work fine.
Link Posted: 2/13/2011 1:29:51 PM EDT
[#48]
I have a usb ci-v cord for Icom that I don't need.
Link Posted: 2/13/2011 1:39:33 PM EDT
[#49]

Originally Posted By km:

Id like to take you up on that KM

Link Posted: 2/13/2011 1:41:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: km] [#50]

Originally Posted By km:

Id like to take you up on that KM

pm me your address.  Give me several days to send it so I don't need to make a special trip to the PO

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Pay it forward HAM RADIO (Page 1 of 9)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top