Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2022 10:26:12 PM EDT
Just a PSA to everyone to confirm zeros if you are unsure or haven't confirmed in a while.

Me and my buddy finally got to go out coyote calling last night. Out of 3 stands we called in 4 yotes, and didn't hit a single one of those fuckers.
Of course my dumbass had rifles zeroed to what appeared to be 25 yards. No clue why I would do that as I know every piece of land I hunt is going to be a 100y or more shot.

So please, let my extreme disappointment and embarrassment be your notification to confirm your zeros.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 10:46:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Um  yeah!!! won't take one hunting unless it's been confirmed,

Missed a Buck of a lifetime once @ about 75yrds because of not checking.

I have not done that shit since
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 5:44:39 PM EDT
[#2]
100%. This reminds me, I need to confirm my zero

What were you guys using for calls? Electronic?
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 10:12:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By thatguybryan:
100%. This reminds me, I need to confirm my zero

What were you guys using for calls? Electronic?
View Quote

Yes a lucky duck revolt ecall. First one came into coyote fights at about min 20, ~100yds. If I can figure out how to post the video I will.

Next stand we thought skunked but I just happened to catch one running across the field (to another coyote sound in the distance)  while we were walking out. We stopped and scanned and saw another in the trees that eventually came out to coyote fights too, ~160yds.

Final stand I let my buddy make the decision on where to set up. Hes very green to hunting and he needed the experience. But he chose poorly and I only caught a glimpse of a duo as they crossed our downwind, he quickly shot once @ ~75y and they split. I couldnt shoot bc it would have been across him/over his shoulder.

Of course he blames the optic. Granted it wasnt zerod right but him complaining of the quality of the thermal (it's a 320 when im using a 640) and how its shit makes me mad when it's literally my rifle, my ammo, my thermal...oh well.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 11:59:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Hodgi_:

Of course he blames the optic. Granted it wasnt zerod right but him complaining of the quality of the thermal (it's a 320 when im using a 640) and how its shit makes me mad when it's literally my rifle, my ammo, my thermal...oh well.
View Quote

Sounds like you need a new friend.

Wanna hunt up in the northeast part of Nebraska?
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 10:25:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By DirtyHandsRob:

View Quote

We would have to plan it out, but id be down. Im in SE Neb with the next couple weekends busy, but wouldn't hurt if you shot me a message to see if I'm free!
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 8:51:00 PM EDT
[#6]

We would have to plan it out, but id be down. Im in SE Neb with the next couple weekends busy, but wouldn't hurt if you shot me a message to see if I'm free!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DirtyHandsRob:

PM incoming.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 9:01:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Shouldn't this thread been started in August?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top