Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/18/2021 7:43:25 PM EDT
Heading down to OBX for my first vacation since before the Covid crap started.  Will be there for the second week of June.

Have heard there can be some flounder / trout / blue / red fishing if I wade in behind the lighthouse or behind the inlet fishing center area? (Propeller slough?)

Anyone here ever attempted this?  What are water temps going to be like? (Are waders a must at that time of year or is the water warm enough to tough it out for an hour or two session?)

To really make this complicated I was also hoping to try using my fly gear. (Have an 8 weight with intermediate line and some clouser minnows all ready to go)

Thanks for any insight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top