Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2019 4:06:50 PM EDT
I'm in Delaware and have grown up fishing bluegill, bass, catfish, perch etc but never messed with trout.  This July I'm taking the wife and kids up to north west PA in Potter County to a cabin for a week of outdoors and camping.  I've had my kids (son 5, daughter 8) bobber fishing for blue gills and perch quite a bit, but from looking into the area it seems most bodies of water our there are mostly trout.

Where do I start?  I have mainly light and medium spinning rigs and spincasters for the kids.  Tackle is mainly bass and bluegill related.  I have no problem picking up some new gear but I don't know what I don't know.  Please show me the way.
Link Posted: 5/12/2019 5:03:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PvtJoeBauers] [#1]
Many trout have been pulled from western PA waters with light equipment and live bait. Meal worms, wax worms, red worms, etc
Link Posted: 5/12/2019 5:14:22 PM EDT
[#2]
@Waldo
Link Posted: 5/12/2019 5:16:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By die-tryin:
@Waldo
View Quote
Why didn’t I think of that? He’s got it down.
Link Posted: 5/12/2019 5:17:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By nightdh:

Why didn’t I think of that? He’s got it down.
View Quote
Lol, it happens, soon as read OP’s thread, i knew who to call.

Me personally, im a bluegills bobber type fisherman
Link Posted: 5/12/2019 6:11:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/12/2019 8:41:09 PM EDT
[#6]
The PA Fish Commission has a pretty good website that lists their stocking schedule, should be able to get you on the fish.  http://fbweb.pa.gov/stocking/TroutStockingDetails_GIS.aspx
Link Posted: 5/12/2019 9:02:06 PM EDT
[#7]
This place is great.  Thanks for the advise.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top