Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/18/2022 4:54:43 PM EDT

I've got a 2016 GMC 3500 with an 8-ft bed, dually.  Looking to pick up an obnoxiously cool truck bed/slide in camper setup for just wifey and myself.

Any recommendations on manufacturers would be greatly appreciated!

Link Posted: 11/18/2022 7:59:44 PM EDT
[#1]
https://bigfootrv.com/rvs#10-6

Check out Big Foot Rv Truck Campers
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 12:45:48 AM EDT
[#2]
My buddy got a Northern Lite. Not cheap but well built and a lot of features
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 12:48:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Arctic Fox or nothing. They are the best for cold and hot climate extremes. Extremely well built. And for a slide in, make an awesome unit.
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 7:59:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mohabie] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BLKVooDoo:
Arctic Fox or nothing. They are the best for cold and hot climate extremes. Extremely well built. And for a slide in, make an awesome unit.
View Quote

That's the second time I heard about arctic fox. Thank you for the tip
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 10:10:52 AM EDT
[#5]
I had a Lance 1135 camper once. Loved the camper, but short story is I sold it, and the people didn't seal the roof, and the wood frame rotted. Just saying that to maybe look for a camper with a minimal amount of wood in the frame. Mine was an 11 1/2" not including the overhead cab part. If I was buying another one I would look at the Arctic Fox.
Whatever you get, make sure it is rated for being able to be used off the truck without any extra bracing under the camper. I could have the Lance off the truck, leveled and hooked up in 15-20 minutes by myself. A slide would make a huge difference in an overhead camper also. I miss mine, but can't afford another right now, but one of these days I will have another one.
You will also want to get a class 5 hitch installed if you get a long camper and want to pull a trailer with it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2022 5:04:20 PM EDT
[#6]
There is always HOST campers.

https://www.hostcampers.com/yukon/

TYPETriple Slide-Out, Side Entry
BASE WEIGHT3955 lbs.
WIDTH96″
EXTERIOR HEIGHT113″ – 118″ w/air
INTERIOR HEIGHT78″
FLOOR LENGTH136″
OVERALL LENGTH19′ 3″

FRESH WATER65 Gallons

GREY WATER51 Gallons

BLACK WATER32 Gallons

LPG CAPACITY15 Gallons

FURNACE25,000 BTU

WATER HEATER6 Gallon Gas DSI

SEASON4 Season
Link Posted: 12/11/2022 4:50:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Non slide, means not much room, but Northern Lite.

Slide, Arctic Fox, not sure you can find one outside of OR, WA, ID, MT, maybe a few other nearby states. We have a 5th wheel one, nice and well built compared to many, and no issues so far.
Link Posted: 12/30/2022 11:37:14 PM EDT
[#8]
This model looks nice

Link Posted: 1/4/2023 11:09:19 AM EDT
[#9]
A buddy has a Northern Lite and it is a pretty solid camper.  And so far (2 seasons) no issues to speak of.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top