Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2022 1:22:00 PM EDT
What is everyone using for flea and tick prevention? I’ve heard chews such as Bravecto work really well but are expensive. I’m needing something more cost effective as I have 12+ dogs to treat.
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 1:29:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Seresto collars work well for us.  We only have 3 dogs and a cat.  They're about $50 each, but they last 8 months.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 9:12:04 AM EDT
[#2]
It's been a while since we've had dogs, but I visited a wolf sanctuary and they used some sort of medication to repel fleas and ticks.

It might be expensive, but it doesn't have to be given often.

We are getting to move back out in the country and get a couple of dogs and I am trying to find information on the medication now.

I don't even know what form it is in, pill, injection, etc.

One type I recently heard of had the same name as those chemical candles that are burned to repel mosquitoes.

There was an article that claimed it might effect dogs and cats behavior, but they might have selling some, "natural" product.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top