Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/14/2018 12:49:21 AM EDT
With the massive amounts of water flowing from the Hurricane and the later tropical storm in the early fall combined with the long summer temperatures a good speckled trout fall bite was predicted by some.  Well they have been correct.  The numbers game of smaller trout at or just under the 14 inch size limit have been pretty stunning, with nicer fish moving in over veterans day.  90 fish in the boat this weekend and several nice ones in the fryer.  Last weekend we had 39 in the boat.  This is in an area where normally 15 or 20 would be a decent day or weekend.  All artificials, saltwater assasins, Billy bay and doa shrimp, vudus mullets, and mirrolures.  Its on.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 11:16:21 AM EDT
[#1]
where's the pictures?
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 5:59:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bandhunter] [#2]
Attachment Attached File

Didn't take many because most looked the same. This one was a little over 17 inches.  Should be some bigger ones this weekend.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 10:40:27 AM EDT
[#3]
The trout bite is apparently still going strong here from what I'm seeing. I haven't been able to get back down to the coast since last summer and it's driving me insane. This has been one of best trout years for NC in recent memory from all accounts. Anyone else still getting in some good inshore fishing?
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 6:55:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bandhunter] [#4]
@WJangler04

Had a decent fall bite for 19.  Not nearly the numbers as last year but the ones caught were all keepers. Couple back to back days.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top