Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2022 10:18:40 PM EDT
Is anyone else ready for the Great Bird War of 2022?

I started gathering all of my dove hunting gear together and realized I could not find the wings to my old Mojo Dove.  Went and bought a new one and found the new Dove-a-flicker things.  Got a box of those to see if they work.

Next week I'll head out to the trap range and see if I can remember how to hit a moving target.

One of my favorite things about hunting is the opening day of dove season.  Lots of lead flying and tasty things dying.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 10:28:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 11:01:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Favorite day of the year for me. Taking my 7 year old along this year for him to get some experience (not shooting) and spotting for us!
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 11:22:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Attachment Attached File

I took this picture on opening day a couple of years ago at sunrise. I love opening day . The whole family gets together and it’s a big social event that starts hunting season each year. Some of my favorite memories as a kid are dove hunting with my Dad and his buddies.
Link Posted: 8/20/2022 9:28:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Riflenoob:
Favorite day of the year for me. Taking my 7 year old along this year for him to get some experience (not shooting) and spotting for us!
View Quote

My son is 4.  I'm hoping by next year he'll be ready to go sit with me.  If I'm real lucky I'll be able to get him to retrieve birds for me.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 9:33:16 AM EDT
[#5]
I got the paths all mowed and dug a small pond (that is probably full now) to entice them some more! Opening day I'll be working but come the 3rd I'll be sitting out there with a couple buddies trying to blast birds.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 9:39:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CJSCARH] [#6]
Wish I was, one of my favorite birds in Wisconsin, then moved to gay ass Michigan and they are off limits but I can kill as many rock doves (pidgins) as I want
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top