Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2021 4:50:02 PM EDT
Gents,

Got what looks like a cattle graveyard on a back corner of our farm. Cousins farm the next parcel, cattle farm. Not sure if they dump diseased/dead animals in this corner and the yotes drag them around, or if the yotes kill them and drag them back to this area to feast.

YEARS worth of bones laying around, some of them pretty fresh.

Got any tips for what sets to use? I'm thinking a cubby set out of some rib bones? As well as a blind set on a corner from a trail coming out of the woods to a cleared fence row.

Ideas?
Link Posted: 10/10/2021 6:19:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a great spot and good luck with whatever setup.

CD
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 10:54:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Without seeing pics or knowing fence lines, you could set some snares if there is a well traveled place especially if they go under a fence line.

How big of an area is this? You could use snares or lots of foot holds, but getting them in the right spot might be tricky.  Make sure to target them coming and going. They have to sleep and poop somewhere.

You could also try sniping a few doing some night hunting.

Have fun and go get them!
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 9:34:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:
Sounds like a great spot and good luck with whatever setup.

CD
View Quote

Agreed.

We coyotes hunt over the dead pit at a hog farm, like shooting fish in a barrel.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 10:17:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Pavelow16478:

Agreed.

We coyotes hunt over the dead pit at a hog farm, like shooting fish in a barrel.
View Quote

I get what you are saying, just the word arrangement made me chuckle.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 10:47:43 AM EDT
[#5]
A farmer let me shoot em over a gut pile if you would prefer to shoot em.  They are slaves to their stomachs and would go there in day time, night time, anytime.  I read an article they need 3.5 lbs of meat to stay alive.  Now a days I just do muskrat trapping. Never trapped yotes. But would like to hear what others do.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 11:28:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Steamedliver:

I get what you are saying, just the word arrangement made me chuckle.
View Quote

Im an engineer, grammar is not my strong suit

Link Posted: 10/29/2021 1:13:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I spent years working on feedlots in Texas. At this one particular yard we had a customer who fed a bunch of "three-legged dying shit" and boy did they die. The coyote population exploded. Good times. I had a little Marlin .17 HMR I kept in my work truck and got after it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top