Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2023 12:08:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CTM1]
The area in the mountains where my old farm is located supposedly has a lot of cats but this is only the second one I have ever encountered in seven years.

I had put out the Fox Pro at the top of the field and made my way back to my elevated blind. I decided to eat a sandwich before I started calling. I was honestly thinking about how poor the predator hunting has been in the area when something caught my eye to my left. A bobcat came off a stone wall and went through a road opening. I thought it dissapeared into the tall dead rye but it popped up back on the other side of the stone wall. I quickly grabbed the fixed mag AR (FUCUOMO) and got the gun out the window. I gave him a quick lip squeal and he stopped. I put the crosshairs right behind the front leg, pulled the trigger and he dropped. It was about a 60 yard shot and I was using 55gr Wolf steel case 5.56 (I even shoot deer with it ).

As you can see my shot was forward, not sure how that happened but crap happens. I guess he will be a tanned fur for the wall instead of a full mount.  

" />

" />

Link Posted: 1/5/2023 12:57:48 AM EDT
[#1]
If you want a full mount talk to your taxidermist before you give up on the idea. The local guy here can do some amazing repairs that you would not think possible.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 1:58:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Beautiful cat. I shot my only one last year and regret not getting it mounted.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 9:53:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By LoudLyle:
If you want a full mount talk to your taxidermist before you give up on the idea. The local guy here can do some amazing repairs that you would not think possible.
View Quote

Yeah. It looks like most all of it is there. Remember, skin/hide stretches.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 10:09:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By LoudLyle:
View Quote

Definitely. It’ll look fine.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 7:18:01 PM EDT
[#5]
The taxidermist I spoke to two weeks ago about my beaver had a bobcat that was decimated by a 7mm Mag. He could still piece it back together. Ask first, they can do amazing work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top