Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2023 12:56:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: extractr]
Recently got a Super Yoter and started doing some night hunts. So far I  have been out several times with no luck.  I have heard and seen several,  but none close enough to shoot.

Went out a couple weeks ago to this small field bordering a river and had one come out of a woodline about 400 yards out , but he winded us before we could get a shot.  My son and I went out again tonight,  and set up closer to the treeline where we saw the one before.  I played a rabbit distress call for about 2 minutes.  As soon as I shut it off, this guy came over the hill.  He was about 150-160 yards out.   6.5 CM. 85 gr. Sierra HPs  Entered at the bask of his neck, and took his back off.  You can see bits land about 3-4 seconds after the shot.

Entrance.

Exit.

Link Posted: 2/26/2023 9:21:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By extractr:
Recently got a Super Yoter and started doing some night hunts. So far I  have been out several times with no luck.  I have heard and seen several,  but none close enough to shoot.

Went out a couple weeks ago to this small field bordering a river and had one come out of a woodline about 400 yards out , but he winded us before we could get a shot.  My son and I went out again tonight,  and set up closer to the treeline where we saw the one before.  I played a rabbit distress call for about 2 minutes.  As soon as I shut it off, this guy came over the hill.  He was about 150-160 yards out.   6.5 CM. 85 gr. Sierra HPs  Entered at the bask of his neck, and took his back off.  You can see bits land about 3-4 seconds after the shot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCaoHEqEm08
View Quote

Good shot!
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 9:31:34 AM EDT
[#2]
This time of year?  Mating season, different coyote sounds will bring them running to investigate and protect their territory.  Rabbit distress has been used too much, in most areas.
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 10:35:09 AM EDT
[#3]
That's awesome.
The coolest thing I've seen so far with thermal was a bobcat come around a corner and go back the other way before he came
to an open area.
Second coolest thing was a mag dump on a possum that was 20 yards out.
Thermal carnage looks neat!
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 10:58:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dirtyboy:
This time of year?  Mating season, different coyote sounds will bring them running to investigate and protect their territory.  Rabbit distress has been used too much, in most areas.
View Quote

The first several hunts I have done, I almost exclusively used coyote vocals.   I had coyotes respond, but never come in close.  I decided to start with a distress call last night, and it seemed to work.
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 2:38:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Welcome to the addiction.
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 4:50:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Congratulations, a Super Yoter and Phenom 640 is what I use for coyotes, and they are awesome.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 3:39:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: extractr] [#7]
Got my 2nd one a few weeks ago.  Went to a new field and could see one moving in a woodlot a couple hundred yards away.   We called for a few minutes and we assume this was the same coyote, snuck down a ditchline and came into a field about 250 yards out.  One shot put him down.  Kind of surprised you can see the muzzle flash with the suppressor.  I forgot to hit the audio record before the shot so no sound on this one.

Link Posted: 5/8/2023 3:41:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Very cool, OP.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top