Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM
9/2/2016 11:21:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: m6z][Edited]
I noticed you've got a couple 308 rifles available.  Can you answer a few questions on them?

TROY CSASS 7.62

5/8x24 muzzle threads?

Barrel material?  Chrome lined?  Melonite?  

DPMS high or low profile upper receiver?

TROY 308 RIFLE

5/8x24 muzzle threads?

Barrel profile?

Barrel material? Chrome lined?  Melonite?

DPMS high or low profile upper receiver?

9/16/2016 1:16:26 PM EDT
[#1]
This is relevant to my interests, I've been looking for a 308 gas gun and was curious about the barrel and accuracy potential (not that I expect a match grade barrel at their awesome low price)
11/15/2016 9:51:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I got the 308 for $1250, it's a 1-11.25 twist .750" diameter the entire length other than the first few inches for the chamber. Upper appears to be a high profile but I don't have caliper to be exact. No idea on barrel materials, and I'll be back on the thread pitch when I get my 51T mount and figure out if It fits
11/15/2016 10:04:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Where did you get it, if you don't mind me asking?
12/17/2016 1:47:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't remember, used a bot service to find the lowest price at the time. Shipping was normal and my local transfer was $20.

Also an update the muzzle device on this thing is stupid tight. Like legit my normal gunsmith referred me to another guy who couldn't get it and had to call and confirm that it wasn't pinned/welded. So that guy referred me to another guy who usually does precision rifle builds.
1/25/2021 9:00:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Is there any update?

I'd like to put a Knights Armament Handguard on the Troy Rifle 308, is there any info out there if barrel/barrel nut thread pitch and tang/profile will work?
also - the 16" barrel appears to have a rifle length gas system (rather unusual), can anyone confirm?

THX
3/13/2021 10:35:42 AM EDT
[#6]
So dug up my old stuff mine was got through primaryarms.com

Other than the muzzle device to make it a suppressor host the changes I've made were: added a noveske sling stud/bipod mount (and a Harris brms), switched out the stock with a sopmod (to try and balance the gun more rearward).

No idea what other parts are compatible, I'd be glad to use my calipers and pull any measurements to help others on the fence.

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In