Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM
1/15/2017 2:55:50 PM EDT
Hi.  I've seen conflicting stories on the Troy XM177E2 and GAU5 carbines, the website where you order doesn't seem to answer this question (full disclosure, I did buy a XM177E2 and love it so far) received less than a week after ordering.

Are the barrels the correct 1/12 twist or a more modern 1/7?  Obviously since I already bought it this wasn't a must know selling point for me as I have guns with both twist rates already, but I'm curious.

Thanks,
Earl
1/29/2017 10:09:46 AM EDT
[#1]
GAU is 1/7 twist
XM177 Im not sure
5/27/2017 11:05:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Are the barrels chrome lined ?
9/26/2017 7:49:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By EarlB:
Hi.  I've seen conflicting stories on the Troy XM177E2 and GAU5 carbines, the website where you order doesn't seem to answer this question (full disclosure, I did buy a XM177E2 and love it so far) received less than a week after ordering.

Are the barrels the correct 1/12 twist or a more modern 1/7?  Obviously since I already bought it this wasn't a must know selling point for me as I have guns with both twist rates already, but I'm curious.

Thanks,
Earl
View Quote


Where are the Troy BATF markings?  In the pictures, it looks there are none.  Did you see the Mk12 Mod1 ?
12/17/2017 8:53:26 AM EDT
[#4]
I was told the XM177E2 barrel was 1/12 rifling

The BATF markings are in the trigger guard area, top of the cutout
5/4/2018 7:03:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I’m bumping this as I too just recently bought a Troy XM177 and sent an e-mail to Troy for confirmation on the twist rate....hadn’t heard back.

Troy, What is the twist rate for the Troy XM177E2?
7/10/2018 3:44:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I called Troy and was told that these are 1-7 twist, chrome lined, M4 feed ramps.

Does anyone know if these are legit 12.5" barrels, IE rifling for 12.5"?  I know most of these clones, and the originals, actually had 11.5" barrels.

Are the receiver extensions 7071 or 6061?

Bolts batch or individually tested?
Put down the Optic! Learn how to shoot the REAL way!
***************************************
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ligUEAJH25E
9/22/2018 7:20:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Both my GAU and XM are marked 1x7 under the HGs.
10/18/2018 8:08:44 PM EDT
[#8]
For those of you with a GAU, are these coming with full auto bolt carriers or semi?

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In