Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM
12/5/2011 2:14:20 AM EDT
Any opinions on what muzzle devices are best for the Grendel without ruining my hearing?  The recoil isn't a problem, I just want faster follow up shots.  I shot 2 18" rifles side by side, one with the Sabre Defense Gill brake and one with an A2 flash suppressor and the A2 was much more pleasant than the Gill brake.  I realize that they serve different functions but was wondering what others have observed.
Thanks.
12/5/2011 4:25:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By Lokjell:
Any opinions on what muzzle devices are best for the Grendel without ruining my hearing?  The recoil isn't a problem, I just want faster follow up shots.  I shot 2 18" rifles side by side, one with the Sabre Defense Gill brake and one with an A2 flash suppressor and the A2 was much more pleasant than the Gill brake.  I realize that they serve different functions but was wondering what others have observed.
Thanks.


Many of us have found the WCI brake to be a good tradeoff between improved performance and less back blast than the gill style brakes. AA sells them, along with WCI.

I actually can't subjectively tell which brake I have on as far as recoil, but the gill brakes are LOTS louder!

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In