1. MATCHING SUREFIRE's FINISH. Packman statement is accurate. He's witnessing what Haley Strategic and IWC worked to achieve when we compared our vast collections of past and present production Surefire Scout and E-Series lights to the finish of our THORNTAIL BACKBONE M300 or M600 Scout Replacement Bodies. Arisaka's finish is more granular and higher gloss satin like than the matte black we achieved on our bodies. As more of our products reach the field, more comparisons between Arisaka and ours will tell a similar story.
2. RoHS COMPLIANT CHEM FILM. Please take a moment to compare your Arisaka body to the photos of our THORNTAIL BACKBONE M300 or M600 Scout Replacement Bodies and Surefire's. Question, please reply. "Which body has the smallest aluminum colored contact patch?" That body's contact patch is not RoHS Chem Film plated. If it is plated and not simply raw aluminum, the mfg is not stating so. Another issue, that tiny contact patch is what the electrical current from the head to the switch passes through, completing the circuit, making the light function. Next question, "Which contact patch and body is more reliable?" A large contact patch, the same size as that inside the Head and Tailcap. A contact patch plated using an industry standard process like Surefire's, or a tiny unplated one? If that tiny ring of bare aluminum becomes corroded, conductivity through the body is lost and the light fails. We designed and manufacture our THORNTAIL BACKBONE M300 or M600 Scout Replacement Bodies to be reliable weapons grade products used by those going in harms way who depend on the light functioning. No excuses.
3. STRETCHING. Our THORNTAIL BACKBONE M300 or M600 Scout Replacement Bodies are designed and machined as such to require no modification of any Surefire compatible products.
4. UNHAPPY WITH THORNTAIL KEYMOD OFFSET. We offer a full refund, so you can buy & try. Since launch 3years ago, that mount works perfectly if you have a Laser Aiming Module on the 12 rail and a Scout in the mount on the 9 c'lock rail. Or using that mount with a WML/WMLx or other rail attach weapon light. Or with a Scout for many people.
5. EARL POSTING. What's the big deal? I NEVER posted in Arisaka'd FB or IG pages. If you know different, PLEASE reply with a link to a post I made which you're so offended by.
It's what SM is for, and all mfg.'s are doing it; product promotion, brand awareness, lifestyle, communication, opinions, interaction, etc. Just today, I posted a comment promoting our INLINE & BACKBONE on AR15news FB Page, in the post titled, "Mega Arms introduces new KeyMod version of the Wedge Lock hand guard as well as new MKM MATEN upper." and you know what? Ben, the page owner and MEGA ARMS LIKED IT!
6. PRODUCT COPY: Our DROPWING and RADIAL Light mounts were on the market before Arisaka was a company, yet attach and perform the same function INLINE mount does. Many people asked us on our pages and forums when we would make a version of DROPWING & RADIAL for KMR KeyMod & M-LOK. We do now, and again, when you compare the two parts, there are differences, some of which Arisaka applied for a patent for.
7. PATENT. Do you work for the USPTO, on the products and claims I submitted after consultation with my attorney who works for www.cooley.com? If not, then you cannot make the assessment you did and be correct.
8. MORE STREAMLINED THAN EARL's CAPABLE OF. You realize our Scout body is different than Arisaka, don't you. And so is INLINE? We've been working on a way to provide LATERAL ADJUSTABILITY for Scout users who already own a THORNTAIL, DROPWING or any other manufacturer's Scout compatible mount. We didn't want them to have to buy a new mount AND body. We care about each customer (even you DCBILL) and want them to spend money on other things. So I designed, engineered, prototyped and extensively tested a solution that was not in the market. I gave 4 position adjustability to the component which works with our customers existing mount, so they only had to buy one component, not two, just our Body. But when combined with INLINE, you now have .490" lateral adjustment in one of 8 positions, using 2 fewer pieces of hardware, with reduced weight and better reliability.
In closing, PM me if you'd like a FREE THORNTAIL INLINE and THORNTAIL BACKBONE M300 or M600 Scout Replacement Bodies to review, compare, beat up, or pay forward, and of course, post up