Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2021 6:47:28 AM EDT
god dammit -- now you are saying for people to stay away from the islands (not to come) thru October?

I planned our 25th anv. there (our honeymoon was there)

so i jumped thru all your hoops, got vaccinated (just to meet Hawaii requirements) and booked hotel/airline

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 6:04:20 PM EDT
[#1]
It is a request, not a mandate. Keep your plans and enjoy your visit.
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 9:51:52 PM EDT
[#2]
He is a fucking idiot
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 12:44:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AR18:
He is a fucking idiot
View Quote

Yes, yes he is.

If you ever heard him talk you would understand why we refer to him as Kermit.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 8:45:58 AM EDT
[#4]
thx

we are still planning on going in October unless he changes it to even more stupid  (like masks outdoors)

he can get fucked if he does that.

pisses me off as i finally convinced some friends to come with us "to paradise" for our 25th (theirs too)

and shit WAS open
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 3:22:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Cleatus:
thx

we are still planning on going in October unless he changes it to even more stupid  (like masks outdoors)

he can get fucked if he does that.

pisses me off as i finally convinced some friends to come with us "to paradise" for our 25th (theirs too)

and shit WAS open
View Quote

Well, we went from under 50 cases per day to well over 500 with an accompanying rise in hospitalizations and deaths.  Some of our hospitals are at or over capacity right now.  New cases have been trending down the last couple of days so I think we are over the worst of it.

Which island are you visiting?
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 5:25:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Brundoggie:

Yes, yes he is.

If you ever heard him talk you would understand why we refer to him as Kermit.
View Quote

That would suit him very well considering someone has his hand shoved up his ass.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 12:16:34 AM EDT
[#7]
LG said if covid hospitalizations reach 500 then he will request the governor do another lockdown
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 7:57:26 AM EDT
[#8]

Well, we went from under 50 cases per day to well over 500 with an accompanying rise in hospitalizations and deaths.  Some of our hospitals are at or over capacity right now.  New cases have been trending down the last couple of days so I think we are over the worst of it.

Which island are you visiting?
View Quote

just Oahu, since we stay at Hale Koa
I know lots of folks dont like it because its so busy, but we never had any issue, and lots to do
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 1:01:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Well the Mayor just decided to institute a "vaccine passport" program beginning Sept. 13th.  Might want to keep that in mind if you still decide to come over.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 5:04:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By CCRN:
Well the Mayor just decided to institute a "vaccine passport" program beginning Sept. 13th.  Might want to keep that in mind if you still decide to come over.
View Quote

The mandate is vague on if it affects retail stores. almost all stores are not set up to check for covid cards.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 3:53:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Either proof of full covid vaccination OR a negative covid test within 48 hrs to gain entry to all indoor venues (restaurants, bars, theaters, and gyms) will start on Oahu 9/13.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 10:52:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By scharfshutze06:
Either proof of full covid vaccination OR a negative covid test within 48 hrs to gain entry to all indoor venues (restaurants, bars, theaters, and gyms) will start on Oahu 9/13.
View Quote

Something similar is coming to Maui. Mayor Victorino to announce it tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 12:25:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By HI5-0:

Something similar is coming to Maui. Mayor Victorino to announce it tomorrow.
View Quote

Time to hunker down on my BI farm and watch the madness from a distance.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 8:23:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Do you locals think Hawaii will ever go back to normal, or is this covid19 vaccine/mask stuff there to stay?
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 8:26:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By TrucksAndGuns:
Do you locals think Hawaii will ever go back to normal, or is this covid19 vaccine/mask stuff there to stay?
View Quote

It will go back to normal some day
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 12:13:58 AM EDT
[#16]
My pregnant wife and I are visiting Oahu end of September/early October for 9 days. We are not vaccinated and don't intend to get vaccinated.

This nonsense is really starting to piss me off.
Link Posted: 9/8/2021 12:38:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By jpcdmd:
My pregnant wife and I are visiting Oahu end of September/early October for 9 days. We are not vaccinated and don't intend to get vaccinated.

This nonsense is really starting to piss me off.
View Quote

Hope you like getting your nose swabbed
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 5:36:42 PM EDT
[#18]
So how is the "papers please" game going in Hawaii now? Are restaurants checking for vaccine cards at the table?

The Safe Travels website says a "photo of a vaccine card" is acceptable. Is anyone cross-checking a photo with an actual driver's license or other ID? Asking for a friend of course.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 6:04:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By jpcdmd:
So how is the "papers please" game going in Hawaii now? Are restaurants checking for vaccine cards at the table?

The Safe Travels website says a "photo of a vaccine card" is acceptable. Is anyone cross-checking a photo with an actual driver's license or other ID? Asking for a friend of course.
View Quote

My island doesn't have these restrictions but as I understand it... cards are checked before entry, not at the table.  I doubt the cards are being cross checked to ID and I suspect that enforcement will vary greatly depending on what unfortunate idiot got stuck checking cards.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 6:28:14 PM EDT
[#20]

My island doesn't have these restrictions but as I understand it... cards are checked before entry, not at the table.  I doubt the cards are being cross checked to ID and I suspect that enforcement will vary greatly depending on what unfortunate idiot got stuck checking cards.
View Quote

This is what I am suspecting will occur also.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top