Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2022 9:59:21 AM EDT
Looks like we will be spending a few days in Omaha in a couple of weeks.

It appears that my IL CCW is valid there. However, I noted that no guns signs carry force of law. How common are they in the area?  We have something similar in Chicago and signs are basically everywhere.

Also, what's worth doing with kids?  We will probably hit the zoo. Anything else?
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 11:03:09 AM EDT
[#1]
As you mentioned the Zoo is good.  Also the Strategic Air Command Museum is always cool.  Short drive west of Omaha.

https://www.sacmuseum.org/
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 1:40:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Engineer5:
As you mentioned the Zoo is good.  Also the Strategic Air Command Museum is always cool.  Short drive west of Omaha.

https://www.sacmuseum.org/
View Quote

Thank you. How prevalent are the no guns signs downtown?
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 2:06:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By WilsonCQB1911:

Thank you. How prevalent are the no guns signs downtown?
View Quote

I haven't been down there in a while but I don't recall seeing a lot of them.  I think the zoo in a no ccw place.  Check the Nebraska State Patrol website for specific no carry places.  Bars, schools etc.
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 9:55:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 9:05:23 PM EDT
[#5]
The zoo is the big draw, especially for kids. You can also check out the Creighton baseball schedule and catch a game at td ameritrade park (now charles schwab or something). It’s a beautiful stadium. You can also check to see if anything is happening at the chi center. All three of these are no carry, btw.

Other things to check would be Creighton soccer or soccer or baseball games at Werner Park, which is very family friendly. Werner Park is in Papillion though, not downtown.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 4:31:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Something to note is I don't think we have a standardized "no gun" sign. So be warry of places that just have the verbiage that say no guns, they still carry the weight of the law.

Others can correct me if I'm wrong, but this is my understanding of it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top