Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 5/10/2013 12:12:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Testimonials From Old Thread

Originally Posted By greenmountainpatriot:
Want to tack up a list of shops and gunsmiths in N.E. that all of us frequent?

I'll start with The POWDERHORN out at Taft's Corners in Williston, Vermont. Great place to shop! I've known Bill for many years and he's always done right by me.

Powderhorn usually has a good variety of AR's, rifles, shotguns and pistols. Pre-ban flow in and out on a regular basis as well. I've bought darn near every gun I own from them over the years.

Stop by and see Bill or George if you are in town!

Rob`

Originally Posted By VTDefender:
Guess I oughtta plug Parros Gun Shop and Police Supplies in Waterbury VT.....My home away from home :)

www.parros.com

Oh yeah...there's also this nutjob in the Underhill area that sells Gear like Eagle and Blackhawk.....he also is a great source for Bowflage!

www.green-mountain-gear.com

;)

Originally Posted By ARgon:
Alder Run Gun Shop
1402 Gallup Road
Franklin, VT 05457
PH:  802 285 6431

Bushmaster, Colt, Fine shotguns, Rifles, handguns, black powder, safes, lots of good used stuff as well. Full stocking clothing and hunting supplies. Covered firing range, out to 165 yards. Fine place to be!

Also, Powder Horn, Hyannis Port, Mass (Cape Cod)

Originally Posted By redray:
Bob's Gun Shop
Ballard Rd.
Georgia, VT

-im practically there everyday. good regular crowd, lots of hunting and b.s. stories told by everyone, about .5 mile from the house. Richard (ex-Marine, manager) is very knowledgeable about the stuff he sells, a good source of info about hunting and fishing spots in the local area and all around friendly guy.

Dattilio's Bait and Tackle
Shelburne Rd.
South Burlington, VT

-go visit Vinnie and Jimmy. be prepared to wait your turn for service, as the place is crowded most times. but when Jimmy finally gets to you, he will bend over backwards to get you what you want. not a lot of guns in the inventory to show you, but he will get you the best prices in town.

Originally Posted By CoonazzLRRP:
hello all!  lived in VT for 6 years.  just wanna give my .02 cents for gun shops.
if ever in Vt (i second ARgon's response) go to ALDER RUN in franklin, vt 802 285 6431.  you will not be dissapointed.

Originally Posted By BrushHog:
I think most of the gun shops that I know of have been mentioned.  But I know of a few great gunsmiths.  Dave Pidgeon is fantastic and also has a variety of firearms for sale as well and can get you whatever you want.  My grandfather dealt with him for years....great guy too.  Loui Laberge who is located in Charlotte is another excellent gunsmith.  He even has his own range for people to use as well...not sure on what the distances are though.  The third smith I know actually works at the Powder horn now.  His name is George Pipper, very knowledgeable guy and has even gone to school for various firearms.

Originally Posted By qiqazz:
<table]<tr]<td]
Originally Posted By hillclimber:
I've been buying most of my long guns from the Village Gun Store in Whitefield NH..
I live in Maine and we can't buy handguns in NH. or I would be buying them from him as well.
It's a family run shop (Stan and his wife,whose name I can't remember),they allways have a large inventory,both new and used.
They don't carry many sporing items,just firearms and reloading stuff.
Stan allways seems to have a few interesting guns along with what seems like hundreds of hunting rifles an shotguns. He does lots of buisness, so his inventory changes like crazy.

Hillclimber

Their last name is Holz.  This is THE place to go.  Their prices are the lowest(20rnd boxes of Speer .50AE are $15.99, just for one example) that I have ever seen, and I cross over to Whitefield, NH every time that I need ammo or guns.  They don't throw sales pitches either- if they don't have something that fits your needs they will order it or suggest you visit one of their competitors.  

Powder Horn in Williston VT= overpriced and run by an A-hole who will try to sell you something that you don't want(my new Glock 21 cost less at 'The Village Gun Store' than the used Glock 19 the Powder Horn guy tried to talk me into instead of the G21 I was looking for(hi-cap mags weren't involved btw)).  Also the Powder Horn sells some used items as new(other local gun shops don't do this shit).

Originally Posted By wesmerc:
I live in hartland.  For hunting stuff you can go to barrow's in queechee or welches in Leb both are overpriced though

VT Gunshops I have visited

Barrows Trading Post: Queechee.  Mostly Hunting rifles, shotguns, bows, clothing but also some handguns.  Have had the owner quote very fair prices on orders.  
Snowsville General Store  Snowsville. this store is a country store just south of Northfield on route 12.  It is basically an outfitters.  They have lots of used hunting and antique firearms.  Food, groceries, warm clothing, used and new holsters and gun cases as well as many new safes.  Some pretty unfair prices on most rifles new and used but some great shotgun prices.  You can reliably find 870s and 500's for sub $200.
Parros Gunshop and Police Supply Waterbury.  Large inventory lots of new AK's and AR's.  Competitive prices and military discounts.  Great handgun selection.  Professional, bright, knowledgable staff.  Magazine are a little pricey.
Locust Creek Outfitters Bethel.  Almost no firearms but lots of other outdoor stuff including bows.  Friendly owner.
The Powderhorn Williston.  Big store.  A little unorganized.  Lots of military style firearms.  RRA dealer.  Lots of Springfield 1911's as well as HK, SIG, and Glock handguns.  Lots of AK's M1A's some Galils and even a XCR. Carries Blackhawk Tactical Gear and has fair ammo prices.  Shop tends to be a little overpriced but there are many good deals to be found.  I can see where the negative comments have come from but my experience has been mostly positive.  If you are knowledgable on what you want and what it should cost you can probably find it here.
BJ's Shooting Supply  Burlington. Smaller hunting type shop.  with very limited handgun collection.  Did have a couple AR's, AK's a thompson, SKS, and an M1A on my last visit.  Father son shop.  both very friendly and helpful with the son having a bit more knowledge about newer "tactical"  rifles.
R&L Archery Barre.  Nice sized shop with lots of hunting, fishing, kayaking, goldpanning, and airsoft stuff. good handgun selection and very friendly staff.
BG's Store Hartland.  Little country store with all the amenities.  Usually have a couple hunting rifles and shotguns on hand.  Very nice owner and employees.
Water and Woods Morristown(or ville).  Little fishing, hunting, archery shop with friendly staff.  Had a few good knives and handguns as well as all the hunting firearms you would expect.  They had just gotten in those little survival rifles.  AR-7 I think?  That go into the stock and they let me be the first to take it out of the box and play around with it.

Originally Posted By usul:
VT Gunshops I have visited

Barrows Trading Post: Queechee.  Mostly Hunting rifles, shotguns, bows, clothing but also some handguns.  Have had the owner quote very fair prices on orders.  Asked him about doing a transfer one time and he didnt even know what I meant.
Snowsville General Store  Snowsville. this store is a country store just south of Northfield on route 12.  It is basically an outfitters.  They have lots of used hunting and antique firearms.  Food, groceries, warm clothing, used and new holsters and gun cases as well as many new safes.  Some pretty unfair prices on most rifles new and used but some great shotgun prices.  You can reliably find 870s and 500's for sub $200.
Parros Gunshop and Police Supply Waterbury.  Large inventory lots of new AK's and AR's.  Competitive prices and military discounts.  Great handgun selection.  Professional, bright, knowledgable staff.  Magazine are a little pricey.
Locust Creek Outfitters Bethel.  Almost no firearms but lots of other outdoor stuff including bows.  Friendly owner.
The Powderhorn Williston.  Big store.  A little unorganized.  Lots of military style firearms.  RRA dealer.  Lots of Springfield 1911's as well as HK, SIG, and Glock handguns.  Lots of AK's M1A's some Galils and even a XCR. Carries Blackhawk Tactical Gear and has fair ammo prices.  Shop tends to be a little overpriced but there are many good deals to be found.  I can see where the negative comments have come from but my experience has been mostly positive.  If you are knowledgable on what you want and what it should cost you can probably find it here.
BJ's Shooting Supply  Burlington. Smaller hunting type shop.  with very limited handgun collection.  Did have a couple AR's, AK's a thompson, SKS, and an M1A on my last visit.  Father son shop.  both very friendly and helpful with the son having a bit more knowledge about newer "tactical"  rifles.
R&L Archery Barre.  Nice sized shop with lots of hunting, fishing, kayaking, goldpanning, and airsoft stuff. good handgun selection and very friendly staff.
BG's Store Hartland.  Little country store with all the amenities.  Usually have a couple hunting rifles and shotguns on hand.  Very nice owner and employees.
Water and Woods Morristown(or ville).  Little fishing, hunting, archery shop with friendly staff.  Had a few good knives and handguns as well as all the hunting firearms you would expect.  They had just gotten in those little survival rifles.  AR-7 I think?  That go into the stock and they let me be the first to take it out of the box and play around with it.

pidgeons guns on RT7 in new Haven. great shop with mostly hunting models and about 2 dozens pistols.  the guys working there are great people, and fantastic gun smiths.  Highly recomended

Originally Posted By VT_K9:
New shop in Thetford, VT:  Turnpike Enterprise LLC

Just gotta do it.  This is my shop and I just received my FFL (07) yesterday.  I am still in the process of getting set up.  I have a website: www.turnpikeenterprise.com (still a work in progress).  It has been a long time getting the plans in motion, but here I am.  This is my part-time job.  

For those not familiar with Thetford, it is located just north of White River Junction.

I will be offering firearms, accessories, and repairs at fair prices.  I am a certified armorer for Glock, Sig (P series and Sig Pro), and Colt M16 systems.  Feel free to IM or e-mail me with any questions.

Due to the newness of my endeavor, stock on hand is minimal.

Thank you,

Mike    

Originally Posted By VT_K9:
To add to my above post for Turnpike Enterprise LLC in Thetford, VT.  I just received my SOT today so I am able to complete Class III transfers in VT.  Let me know what you are looking for.  I offer a fair and honest business.  

Mike

upadate on Barrow's Trading Post in Quechee VT.  Wayne Barrows is awesome and will continue to hook you up once you get to know him.  My father and I got some awesome deals this week and new and used firearms, accesories and ammo.

Mikes Gunshop in Windsor, VT

Maybe a dozen handguns in stock.  Nice friendly guy.

Originally Posted By jseiple:
Hi i am the owner of seiples shoot shop located in belmont, vermont. i am open wedensdays and fridays 9-5 and weekends for the most part.I am currently working on expanding my inventory and looking forward to growing my business and satsifying clientel such as myself that are avid shooters, hunters, and collectors. Visit us on our website at www.sssvt.comwhich is still being built or call Jason Seiple at 802-236-8104.

Originally Posted By WdpIan:
Originally Posted By Jus228:
I had a negative experience at Stoneeagle in Newport, NH.  Long story short, within 5 minutes of my first time stepping through the door, the owner wrongly accused me of committing a felony because of his misunderstanding of federal firearms laws.  He then went on to say that it is his policy to enforce MA gun laws on people living in NH.  This guy is a major toolbag and he will never see a dime from me.

Sorry to hear that.. I've been there a dozen times or so and bought some things.. Most noteworthy a quite expensive FN PS90.. He's always treated me fairly..  He's a little too warm and fuzzy with the Olympic AR's but of course it's because he's a distributor so who can blame him...  Still I've really had no complaints.  

While I'm posting here I wanted to mention a fairly new shop in Windsor, VT.  Back Forty Guns & Ammo   I've been there once as I just found out about it a couple weeks ago... They've got a little bit of everything and seem to be into black guns and accessories.. Even have some Magpul goodies in stock which is a VERY rare sight to see in this area.

Owner of Back Forty is a friend.  Staff there is young, friendly, and helpful.  Great little shop.

Ryan Is a great guy! He's handled a bunch of my transfers. and they always have a ton of new guns coming in.

They're also making Kydex Holsters too!

Link Posted: 5/10/2013 10:03:45 PM EDT
[#2]
http://losttargetshootingsupplies.com/

In the middle of nowhere.  Small shop, but decent selection.  Prices are reasonable, overall.  Nice folks.
Link Posted: 5/11/2013 9:03:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Debaser:

In the middle of nowhere.  Small shop, but decent selection.  Prices are reasonable, overall.  Nice folks.

The website gives the impression they are big on reloading supplies.  Can you confirm this?  Most places especially online are completely cleaned out and there are a few things I really need to get my hands on.
Link Posted: 5/11/2013 8:59:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Jus228:
Originally Posted By Debaser:

The website gives the impression they are big on reloading supplies.  Can you confirm this?  Most places especially online are completely cleaned out and there are a few things I really need to get my hands on.

They have a decent selection of reloading stuff.  I don't reload, but I am sure if you give them a call, they will let you know.  They are open weeknights and Saturday.  Not open on Sunday.
Link Posted: 5/19/2013 5:12:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Throw in Heros Arms in Grand Isle. They only carry high end shotguns but are hooked up with Davidsons and do cheap transfers for those around Burlington.

http://herosarms.com/
Link Posted: 6/19/2013 8:41:57 PM EDT
[#6]
There's a store in St. Albans

Back Country Sports I believe it's called....
Link Posted: 6/20/2013 1:29:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Bruins:

Link added.  Do you have any experiences with them to share?
Link Posted: 9/3/2013 10:14:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Here's a place that's brand new (opened this past weekend)

Randy Pike's (listed FFL as below)

181 SPRAGUE RD
WEST HALIFAXVT05358
P O BOX 15WEST HALIFAXVT
802-368-7038

I am beyond a noob - I don't even own an AR, but I did purchase a pistol from him, and I can tell you that Randy was courteous and patient with questions, and had some quality guns on display.

I would have bought the DSA AR he had for $629 if I had more cash or a check on me (they are still setting up the Credit cards)   I don't know what I would do with the mint M1919 on display, but I want that too. Really nice Kalishnakov as well, also built by Randy.

This is a real country gun shop, upstairs from the auto body so you have to call to set up hours. In the short time I was there probably ten people showed up just because Randy has been selling and building guns for years.

Link Posted: 9/10/2013 9:24:48 PM EDT
[#9]
United Trade
1114 Route 30
Bomoseen, VT

The owner is Dan Amrick, phone number 779-6854.

It's  a great little shop tucked away. He's ussually there Friday-Sunday, or by appointment during the week. CALL FIRST.
Link Posted: 9/13/2013 11:03:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

DO NOT GIVE THESE PEOPLE YOUR BUSINESS.

I tried to have a firearm transfered from Gunbroker.com and He refused to do the transfer for me.
Link Posted: 9/15/2013 11:53:06 AM EDT
[#11]

I tried to have a firearm transfered from Gunbroker.com and He refused to do the transfer for me.
View All Quotes

noted
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 6:21:03 AM EDT
[#12]

noted
View All Quotes

noted

I should mention that I had transfered a firearm out successfully... but when I went back to have one transfered to me he refused. He said it was too risky... as if he were in the firearms business or something. He (the owner) was unresponsive to inquiries as to why. Basically, he wouldn't give me the time of day. I spend my money where I know I'll be treated with respect and recieve a quality product/service. I didn't find what I was looking for at this store. Whether it's helpful or not, this is my take on the place.

Link Posted: 1/13/2014 10:21:38 AM EDT
[#13]
North Star Guns in Richmond is a decent place.  http://www.northstargunsvt.com/

I bought my first pistol from them, and found the service to be very good.  The owner is friendly and willing to drop tag price on any item he's looking to get rid of.  Unfortunately that's probably because the tag price is a little high.  I ended up paying about 10% more for my pistol than I would have at Powderhorn.  His ammo selection is pretty solid, and if you use the Jonesville fish/game range it's probably the most convenient place to pick up rounds.  The majority of his stock IS used, keep that in mind.  Mainly handguns and hunting rifles, with a selection of 'tactical' options.

I did ask the owner if he'd be willing to do a FFL transfer on a Spikes stripped lower for me, I figured we could come to a deal that makes us both happy.  Unfortunately he said no, and offered to order one of the same lowers and sell it to me.  They were on sale for $80 online, he told me he could get them on sale for $130, I felt that was a little disingenuous.  It was clear I already knew the price, he should have just been up front and said "I'd like to make $50 on this".  I'd have declined, but given them a better review.  

If you are in the area I would suggest checking this place out, last time I was there he was expanding.  Despite the bad lower experience I still say good things about them.  The difference in price between this shop and say burlington area stores is about what you'd pay in gas driving there.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 4:24:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Rite Way Sports in Hardwick, VT. Big selection of long guns and handguns. Limited hunting / fishing items.
Nice people. Charged $50 for a transfer for a gun I bought from Primary Arms.

Green Mountain Sports in Coventry. Small shop owned by the Irasburg Constable and his wife. Free transfers for any military or law enforcement. $15 for all others. Small shop with some selection of Sig, S&W, and Ruger handguns, very willing to order a gun for you even if a similar item is in stock. A few rifles and a rack of used long guns. Very nice people, adamant supporter of the individual right to keep and bear arms.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 5:59:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Looks like Back Forty in Windsor is permanently closed....shame...

Took a road trip to BJ's in Williston- big thumbs up for the transaction there- fair prices & good selection.  Worth the ride.

Live less than a mile from Barrows.  Been there once.  'Nuff said.  Even been to Welch's two or three times :)
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 4:33:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By skostas:
Looks like Back Forty in Windsor is permanently closed....shame...

Took a road trip to BJ's in Williston- big thumbs up for the transaction there- fair prices & good selection.  Worth the ride.

Live less than a mile from Barrows.  Been there once.  'Nuff said.  Even been to Welch's two or three times :)
View Quote

We are neighbors
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 5:31:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Howdy, neighbor :)
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:59:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HiramRanger] [#18]
Removed so as not to be seen as advertising on the site, despite every other gun store in VT bring listed here.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 2:52:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By HiramRanger:
Bennington Trading Post will be opening in a couple of weeks.
View Quote

Where?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:05:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HiramRanger] [#20]
Removed so as not to be seen as advertising on the site, despite every other gun store in VT bring listed here.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 8:47:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Bennington Trading Post will be opening in a couple of weeks.
View Quote

Theoretically!  Been a slow process since I first heard about it...
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 9:16:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HiramRanger] [#22]
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 3:28:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Lost target is a great shop I do alot of business with them.
Pikes guns is also a great guy does nice work he is my nfa go to guy!
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 5:32:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HiramRanger] [#24]
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 10:02:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Raptor22] [#25]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 11:42:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HiramRanger] [#26]
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 11:49:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Hey Hiram , my wife and I  are going to be looking at houses in Vermont on saturday. We will be stopping in . Several friends have already told me how nice your shop is. Cant wait to check it it out.. See you saturday..
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 1:32:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HiramRanger] [#28]
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 1:16:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Potss] [#29]
Unless I'm missing something, you list needs a few more shops.  Off the top of my head there is Gun Purveyors in Rutland, nice couple runs the shop: https://gunpurveyors.com/

Also in Rutland is Cragin's gun shop, decent little place, the owner is generally always looking to buy as well as sell.  (No website)

Then in Belmont there is Seiple's Shoot Shop: http://www.seiplesguns.com/  Run by retired airforce if I remember correctly.  Had a whole lot of powder last time I was in, and good handgun selection.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 11:19:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Have some NY buddies, reporting Olesen's Bennington Trading Post is ID'ing magazine purchases, if they SUSPECT you're from NY!  Never heard of such a thing!
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 11:41:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By bwstp:
Have some NY buddies, reporting Olesen's Bennington Trading Post is ID'ing magazine purchases, if they SUSPECT you're from NY!  Never heard of such a thing!
View Quote

You registered today, and it looks like for the sole purpose of trash talking, so let me set the record straight.

The Bennington Trading Post is part of the Capital Gun Group which is based out of New York State, and shares a corporate umbrella that requires it to comply with the NYS SAFE Act, a law we despise but are governed by. Law Enforcement agencies in New York State have tried to run sting operations on us to see if we will sell standard capacity magazines to residents of states where they are prohibited. In NYS you need two regulatory licenses to run a gun shop, an FFL, as well as a NYS Pistol Dealers license, issued by a judge and revocable at will. In New York State approximately 80 percent of our gun sales are handguns, if we lose a NYS Pistol Dealers license, we will be out of business and more than 50 people will be out of work. If an anti-gun judge learned that one of our stores, even one out of state, was engaged in illegal or questionable practices, they could pull our licenses. The end result would be either closing our doors, or spending inordinate amounts of money to challenge the action in court. Meanwhile our employees would be out of work, and facing possible legal action including potential arrest. While we don't like the law, and have donated tens of thousands of dollars to defeat the SAFE Act, we will abide by it so we can continue to sell NYers firearms and ammo to protect themselves and enjoy the shooting sports. When we learn of dealers being arrested in NYS for selling standard capacity magazine bodies (with no guts), it gives us legitimate reason to be concerned. And for the record, we do not ID for mag purchases, but if you pull up to our door driving a car with NY, NJ, MA, or CT plates (and we can see plates clear as day in our lot) we will ask where you are from.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 7:30:19 AM EDT
[#32]

You registered today, and it looks like for the sole purpose of trash talking, so let me set the record straight.

The Bennington Trading Post is part of the Capital Gun Group which is based out of New York State, and shares a corporate umbrella that requires it to comply with the NYS SAFE Act, a law we despise but are governed by. Law Enforcement agencies in New York State have tried to run sting operations on us to see if we will sell standard capacity magazines to residents of states where they are prohibited. In NYS you need two regulatory licenses to run a gun shop, an FFL, as well as a NYS Pistol Dealers license, issued by a judge and revocable at will. In New York State approximately 80 percent of our gun sales are handguns, if we lose a NYS Pistol Dealers license, we will be out of business and more than 50 people will be out of work. If an anti-gun judge learned that one of our stores, even one out of state, was engaged in illegal or questionable practices, they could pull our licenses. The end result would be either closing our doors, or spending inordinate amounts of money to challenge the action in court. Meanwhile our employees would be out of work, and facing possible legal action including potential arrest. While we don't like the law, and have donated tens of thousands of dollars to defeat the SAFE Act, we will abide by it so we can continue to sell NYers firearms and ammo to protect themselves and enjoy the shooting sports. When we learn of dealers being arrested in NYS for selling standard capacity magazine bodies (with no guts), it gives us legitimate reason to be concerned. And for the record, we do not ID for mag purchases, but if you pull up to our door driving a car with NY, NJ, MA, or CT plates (and we can see plates clear as day in our lot) we will ask where you are from.
View All Quotes

Not getting into this shitshow but I do have a legitimate question....

Why would a business in Vermont need to abide by NY law?  Sure the corporation is based in NY but that one store isn't.  Wouldn't VT issue the dealer license to that one particular store and not NY?

Disclaimer: I'm not a businessman nor do I claim to be so I'm just dumb on these things
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 10:36:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HiramRanger] [#33]
Originally Posted By cone256:

Why would a business in Vermont need to abide by NY law?  Sure the corporation is based in NY but that one store isn't.  Wouldn't VT issue the dealer license to that one particular store and not NY?

Disclaimer: I'm not a businessman nor do I claim to be so I'm just dumb on these things
View All Quotes

Because NY can take action against the corporation as a whole, which is based out of NY. NYS has already run sting operations on the store trying to get staff to sell standard capacity magazines to NY residents. We know this because LE have told us it has happened. There are plenty of other sources that are not NY based for those who choose to procure such items, and I completely understand if NYers avail themselves of those sources. We aren't worried about action against the VT store, we are worried about NYS pulling the pistol dealers licenses of the NY based stores, which would put those NY based stores out of business - and yes they can and would do that.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 11:30:21 AM EDT
[#34]

Because NY can take action against the corporation as a whole, which is based out of NY. NYS has already run sting operations on the store trying to get staff to sell standard capacity magazines to NY residents. We know this because LE have told us it has happened. There are plenty of other sources that are not NY based for those who choose to procure such items, and I completely understand if NYers avail themselves of those sources. We aren't worried about action against the VT store, we are worried about NYS pulling the pistol dealers licenses of the NY based stores, which would put those NY based stores out of business - and yes they can and would do that.
View All Quotes

How can NY take action against a transaction that happens outside of their state?  Doesn't seem legal
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 7:50:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Anyone know about a shop next to the Weathersfield Inn on rte 106?  I heard about it from a guy at the range but appears to have zero internet presence.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 5:38:48 PM EDT
[#36]
I wasn't aware of a gun shop near there.  If looking for a shop in Springfield, JL Ballistics and Firearms used to be on Fairground Road near there, but moved to Randall Hill.  Owner has a State Farm in Springfield during the day, and only has the shop open from 5PM to 8PM.  Nice people, don't charge much for transfers.
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 8:21:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Windsor Arms, I use them as my FFL.  Guy is a good gunsmith too.

Windsor Arms
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 4:04:39 PM EDT
[#38]
I had the Bennington Armory ship and receive a couple of different guns a few weeks ago. They mostly deal with older surplus stuff on the shelf, but really nice guys and very affordable fees. They're on Main st. right in Bennington.

http://www.benningtonarmoryllc.com/
Link Posted: 2/23/2022 7:52:47 AM EDT
[#39]
Lead and Tackle in Lyndonville Vermont 31 Middle St is my go too shop. Ted Benoit is the owner and a great guy to deal with,we have made several trades and i have had numerous transfers($25) done through his shop with zero issues. He has a decent selection of used and new guns at good prices and fishing supplies and live bait as well.
  They're closed Monday and Tuesday but open all other days. Iv'e been going there since he opened in 2017 and they just did some renovations this past year which makes it even nicer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top