Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/27/2017 7:20:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sputnik556]
I'm planning a road trip in a few weeks and the Toronto area has made it onto the list, I honestly know little about the area, but it's somewhere I haven't been.

Any suggestions? I'm not really a 'city person', but enjoy parks, museums and the like.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 9:41:35 AM EDT
[#1]
@Sputnik556

Just you going? Or are kids and womenfolk involved?

Here are a few ideas (I was born and raised in Toronto)

The Royal Ontario Museum is big and often has interesting special exhibits.
The Ontario Science Center also can have interesting featured exhibits, it's a great place for kids.
If there's a Mrs Sputnik she might like the Bata Shoe Museum.
If you like parks, there's a park system that runs behind the Science Center, several parks linked together.
An often overlooked park setting is the Toronto Islands. You can get there by a short ferry ride.
The Distillery District is different, the old Gooderham & Worts distillery works has been converted into a collection of shops, restaurants, bars, and galleries that use the original old buildings.
The Hockey Hall of Fame is in an old stone bank building.
The Art Gallery of Ontario gets high ratings, but the collection is heavy on Canadian art which you might not be interested in.
Casa Loma is a castle right in the city that was built as a private residence, now a museum. It's been used as a set in many movies, including X-Men: http://torontoist.com/2007/12/reel_toronto_th_1/
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 10:24:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Awesome stuff, thanks.
It will just be my wife and I.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 3:49:53 PM EDT
[#3]
In case you weren't aware, traffic in Toronto is extremely heavy. Avoid major roadways during morning and afternoon rush hour. The Gardiner expressway, Don Valley Parkway, Hwy 401, etc. are busy at the best of times and bumper-to-bumper jammed during rush hour. When we visit we try to use public transit (TTC) as much as possible.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top