Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/22/2020 12:45:43 PM EDT
I've delivered there a few times for different things (truckdriver).  It's pretty, it's relatively away from things and I gotta get out of Eastern California (colorado)

The wife can work from home.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 4:47:59 PM EDT
[#1]
well you guys were no help, but we just got back from there and we like it

a  lot

Link Posted: 7/20/2020 1:23:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 8:52:55 PM EDT
[#3]
well if the wife gets permission to work from home (you know which she's been doing for 4 months without once going into the office) we're moving there.

although HOLY FUCK YOUR TAXES ARE INSANE.

sorry, that slipped out

I swear sometimes it's like Nebraska wants to be new jersey.

and they are clearly not spending it on the roads...................
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 2:43:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 3:00:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rick_NE:

Yes that is all true. I lived near Deer Lodge for a few years, sure do miss the mountains!!

What makes you want to move to Nebraska?  I can't wait to get the hell out of here!
View Quote

Rick, where are you thinking of going?
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 4:42:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rick_NE:

Yes that is all true. I lived near Deer Lodge for a few years, sure do miss the mountains!!

What makes you want to move to Nebraska?  I can't wait to get the hell out of here!
View Quote

Colorado, where I was born and spent most of my life, has gone insane.   (not just prices, I mean literally insane).   The wife can work from home.   Scottsbluff is small enough to be a nice town, big enough to have a chance at getting food/gas/resupply.  (as opposed to like a 1000 person town), far enough off the beaten path that the hordes aren't coming.  The weather is insanely similar (really, I'm shocked, but within % points) and close enough to Denver to go back for Mom if I need to.   And the wife's work HQ is here, and a 3 hour drive is pfffffffffft. (ok not in the winter, but that's the west).  

We can sell our house here, pay everything off and still have a nice house (albeit higher yearly taxes, although i think not for long.  Colorado just approved state employee unions.  New Jersey/illinois/California here it comes, won't be 5 years IMO) and live in a small town.   We don't do anything interesting except maybe shoot, grow stuff, fish, etc.   Colorado is so crowded all those things i grew up with are just impossible now.  Even the foods we like are mostly "american" foods.  Why I paying top dollar to live in a soon to be hellhole?  Forget it, I'm out.  Better to be early than late.  

Wyoming (some parts) is nice, but the housing costs are very high, similar to Colorado with worse weather.  why bother?  

Scottsbluff is pretty, the people are nice, you can get across town in 10 minutes, it has a butcher!!!!!!!!  (meat!!!!!!) and it's significantly cheaper to live and away from crowds (as Ol' Remus was want to say)

cross your fingers the wife gets approval. (which seems stupid it's even an issue after everyone working from home for 4 straight months now with no end in sight)
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 8:36:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Engineer5] [#7]
We are going to run up to the Rapid City area in September and check out that area.

I've got family in Colorado as well.  We visit several times a year but I've given up on moving there.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 9:39:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top