Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2016 4:40:51 AM EDT
Any other countries have anything like this? Any inpunt wil be welcome. It's been on the books here for as long as I can remember and I am looking to challenge it

We have a total ban here (no-issue license) on arrows and arrowheads that have cutting edges intended to cause harm .

You can not have them in you possession under any circumstance, what constitutes a cutting edge is not really defined but it also includes saw tooth edges.

Going on the literal text of the statute it even bans stone age flint arrowheads but is really only used to fuck people caught with modern broad heads. And I believe the statute is weak/op en to challenge due to the vagueness ands it's impact on the internal market.

Link Posted: 8/19/2016 5:57:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Damn!

Here in France an extreme reading of current regulations could classify cutting edge arrows as knives. Essentially free to buy and own (regardless of age).

Carrying a cutting edge "head" or blade in your pocket might be construed as carrying a knife which could expose your to trouble.

Transport in some sort of container would probably shield you from the most zealous prosecutor.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 11:26:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks CESM no ban in France then.

The ban here is complety retarded as they are complety banned with no posibilty for a license.

Link Posted: 8/22/2016 3:11:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I am not aware of any regulations of bows and arrows in Germany.
Maybe you have to be 18 to buy bladed arrows, but you can buy them.

Crossbows are regulated, you have to be 18 to buy them and are not allowed to carry.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 2:00:48 PM EDT
[#4]
No restrictions n arrowheads or blades here

Crossbows require a license though.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 5:25:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Seen the arrow heads on sale in Germay myslelf.

The netherlnds really seems to be the retarded kid in the class on this one. Epecialy as anybody >18 can buy a an airgun here with no caliber or power restrictions

@ Swede Crosbows on a license that's a bit harsh.  

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 7:00:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By iggy1337:

View Quote

Yeah, it's retarded, but there's no real lobby group fighting to ease the restrictions on crossbows. They're not used for hunting and the regular archers sneer on them, so the restrictions remain.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 6:37:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By swede1986:

Yeah, it's retarded, but there's no real lobby group fighting to ease the restrictions on crossbows. They're not used for hunting and the regular archers sneer on them, so the restrictions remain.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By swede1986:

Funny you should say that because the regular archers here go apeshit when I mention the fact that I want arrows with cutting edges.

'Achery should not be associated with harming living things' etc.(*)

(*) Yeah only since the dawn of fucking time.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 6:00:56 PM EDT
[#8]
[
Funny you should say that because the regular archers here go apeshit when I mention the fact that I want arrows with cutting edges.

'Achery should not be associated with harming living things' etc.(*)

(*) Yeah only since the dawn of fucking time.
View Quote

Lovely. Typical of sellouts who would throw you under the bus if they thought it would remotely protect them. Self-righteous PoS who lack any self-awareness or any sense of history indeed.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 7:21:49 PM EDT
[#9]
The 'Olympic' people used to active try an throw  the rest of the Dutch shooters under the bus.

After the Paris attacks even they did not like to be blamed for things they had nothing to do with and for the first time ever they spoke out against some (retarded new) gun laws.

Link Posted: 8/30/2016 6:42:54 PM EDT
[#10]
So not a lot of bow-hunting in Western Europe, huh? Any countries allow it?
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 5:34:27 PM EDT
[#11]
A quick google search (I'm not a hunter myself) shows that in France it's been legal since 1995 (don't know when exactly it was banned before that!).

Crossbows are banned though.

(Don't understand the rationale here, although rationality rarely factors in lawmaking ...)
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 1:17:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By METT-T:
View Quote

It's prohibited in Germany (surprise, huh).
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 9:08:00 AM EDT
[#13]
I don't think we have much of anything like that here, although hunting with a bow or crossbow is illegal. You can mail order a crossbow here, no paperwork required. Yes, it's surprising for Britain.

Crossbows actually saw use in a fairly recent European conflict - here's an article about it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 5:33:31 PM EDT
[#14]
OK it seems no country has the Dutch retarded ban.

As for hunting its of course illegal to hunt with bows here. I hate Dutch hunters anyway because of the general sobbery and gun hating attitude plus the fact that in the past they got supressors banned to stop the non landed rif raf from shooting their rabbits etc.

Lets hope the ban can be hollowed out here.
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 10:38:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By CESM:
A quick google search (I'm not a hunter myself) shows that in France it's been legal since 1995 (don't know when exactly it was banned before that!).

Crossbows are banned though.
View Quote

Just to clarify: hunting with crossbows is banned in France. But you can own crossbows.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 12:40:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Yikes! This Dutch ban on arrowheads/cutting edges is nuts! Pure nuts.

And so...if a Dutch archeologist in a historical dig unearths an arrowhead from, say the Viking period, he's automatically a criminal? Nuts!

If you want to challenge the law--correspond with an arrow and bowman, author, and renown actor extraordinaire--Robert Hardy, across the Channel. He's written many a book on the longbow and is considered an expert in the field. He'd have one word for this law: "RUBBISH!"

Link Posted: 11/14/2016 6:28:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By BeNotAfraid:
Yikes! This Dutch ban on arrowheads/cutting edges is nuts! Pure nuts.

And so...if a Dutch archeologist in a historical dig unearths an arrowhead from, say the Viking period, he's automatically a criminal? Nuts!

If you want to challenge the law--correspond with an arrow and bowman, author, and renown actor extraordinaire--Robert Hardy, across the Channel. He's written many a book on the longbow and is considered an expert in the field. He'd have one word for this law: "RUBBISH!"

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/04/05/article-2125461-127A01A9000005DC-140_634x422.jpg

https://images-eu.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61x9geobqpL._AC_UL320_SR264,320_.jpg

https://images-eu.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/514qFV0EsGL._AC_UL320_SR250,320_.jpg
View Quote

Thanks For the input. hopefully get things started after Xmas

If the law is challenged I would take neolithic arrowheads as a starting point. After that you move op to the medi-evil stuff.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 9:40:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By METT-T:
View Quote
When I was hunting in Poland, my buddy told me they couldn't use bows to huntil with.
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 10:18:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Bows, arrows and crossbows banned....

Even with no ban, it didn't work out too well for the First Nations here:

Then, some tribes "upped the ante," and the real fun began:

.30/.30 Winchester repeaters, .45/70 Govt, and even the old .58 cal Minne or Enfield Ball--either or which will tend to ruin your day if you're hit by one
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top