Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2024 7:52:52 PM EDT
I'm going to end up calling SD DMV on this too but thought I'd check here too because DMV may give a "by the book" answer instead of the providing the work-around.

If I understand it correctly, SD will allow me to title and register a vehicle in SD even though I'm not (yet) a SD resident.   I still have to figure out the "how" process but has anyone here done this?   I realize that would give me SD plates for my vehicles currently in CO and I'm just fine with that.    I'm also about to buy a new(er) used truck and I think this means when I do I can skip the CO sales tax and pay the SD tax at time of registering it remotely in SD.

Yes, No, maybe?

Link Posted: 1/3/2024 8:57:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Highly doubt this can be done without a SD address. I think they were cracking down on the RV people doing this under PO boxes as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top