Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2024 1:51:42 PM EDT
We are taking a trip to Rapid City and going to see Mt Rushmore and some other things on our kid's spring break.
Any must-see gun shops over there?
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 2:38:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By czgunner:
We are taking a trip to Rapid City and going to see Mt Rushmore and some other things on our kid's spring break.
Any must-see gun shops over there?
View Quote

The big one is first stop in rapid which will sell you any form of hunting rifle or bird gun you want. Overall a mid gunstore aside from having an unlimited supply of blackhills ammo to choose from. Dont expect to see anything too cool or tactical though, store is pretty fudd aside from the used tradeins the employees buy before even putting them out for public.
South of custer there is southern hills tactical which has a lot of more modern tactical stuff and NFA, owner will talk to you forever and is a good guy.
North of custer is a tiny hole in the wall shop staffed by a friendly old lady, inventory is okay but fluctuates a good bit.

Really despite being such a progun state the gunstores here arent very good.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 3:26:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 7insert:

The big one is first stop in rapid which will sell you any form of hunting rifle or bird gun you want. Overall a mid gunstore aside from having an unlimited supply of blackhills ammo to choose from. Dont expect to see anything too cool or tactical though, store is pretty fudd aside from the used tradeins the employees buy before even putting them out for public.
South of custer there is southern hills tactical which has a lot of more modern tactical stuff and NFA, owner will talk to you forever and is a good guy.
North of custer is a tiny hole in the wall shop staffed by a friendly old lady, inventory is okay but fluctuates a good bit.

View Quote

Funny, I've found that to be true about Wyoming too. Gun stores are pretty lame.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 11:25:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Dog] [#3]
View Quote

H&B Firearms or Old Lady with a Gun...  I love her sign.  

Link Posted: 3/30/2024 9:02:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't forget about the sporting goods stores, they have a large selection of stuff. Cabelas, Scheels and Fleet Farm.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 11:18:40 PM EDT
[#5]

Funny, I've found that to be true about Wyoming too. Gun stores are pretty lame.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

This sums it up.  I do my shopping online and have it transferred if it needs it.  None of the shops have what I’m looking for so I save time and effort by not going to look.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 11:21:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Nothing to see in the shops I stopped in. Pretty bad, maybe worse than what we have here in WY.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 12:34:01 AM EDT
[#7]
I guess I'm lucky.  I've got a really good local shop (less than 2 miles away).  Prices aren't the lowest, but customer service is top notch.  And I'll pay a bit more for that.  And it's only a bit more.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top