Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2023 6:21:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VA-gunnut]
Link Posted: 1/6/2023 12:34:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Hi @VA-gunnut

I clicked here because there was an update to these posts in the last day and I wanted to see what the changes were. I can't speak to other counties, but 2 of the most populous counties in Idaho - Ada County and Canyon County, don't have any ranges listed and there are more than a handful. In addition I think it might be worth mentioning that in Idaho we have significant amount of public land to shoot on - Drive where you want, set your target up, and shoot. In some locales I can set up a target and shoot undisturbed at distances over a mile without issue. But it comes with risks, because in popular areas you essentially have an "uncontrolled range" all around you and you have to trust that the other shooters are taking appropriate precautions. Montana, Wyoming, Utah, and some others are also like this.

Second, I'll combine this with the other thread, there are definitely more FFL, again in Ada and Canyon counties, not listed. So with these things in mind I have some questions.

Are the ranges and FFLs a sponsor in some way and that is why they are listed?
Can users submit FFLs and Ranges in their area? If so how?
If a range or FFL goes out of business how would that be reported?

And an idea I had would be some way to have a review system for listed FFLs and/or ranges? Team only or members with 6+ month old memberships maybe? Not sure if this is high priority but you can judge internet traffic better than I can.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/6/2023 6:35:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 1:08:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: IdahoPCCinc] [#3]
Canyon County Idaho gun ranges.

Parma rod and gun club (private range/open to public during matches)

Address: 1420 Boehm Ln, Parma, ID 83660

208-850-7097

http://www.parmarng.org/

-----------------------------------------------------

Nampa rod and gun club. (private range/open to public during matches)

Address: 7990 Bennett Rd, Nampa, ID 83686

208-467-6102

http://www.nragc.com/

------------------------------------------------------

Pickle Butte shooting range (public range)

Nash Rd, Caldwell, ID 83607

George Nourse range (public range)

16802 Nash Rd, Nampa, ID 83686

-------------------------------------------------------

Open public land

Pearl rd between  Boehm lane and  Oasis rd (Parma to Sand Hollow)

Link Posted: 1/7/2023 4:07:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top