Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/20/2019 1:29:09 PM EDT
Hey guys.  Move to Watford City and looking for a nice range around here.  Any place good?
Link Posted: 3/31/2019 4:45:50 AM EDT
[#1]
No.

There's alot of public land south west of you that I hunt/shoot/camp on. But no public ranges that I know of.

There's one private range that's open to the public in Williston and one public land range south of Williston on 85 heading to Twatford Shitty. There's an awesome range in Manning that I was a member of, but it's about 1.5 hours from you. It's called the Slope Area rifle pistol club and it's about $65 a year.

I found a rancher that lets me shoot on his property as long as I clean up after myself.

On a plus side, you have the best pizza shop for a couple of hundred miles in town though.

Welcome to the Bakken.

@Mauser556
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 3:24:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Lungbuster:
No.

There's alot of public land south west of you that I hunt/shoot/camp on. But no public ranges that I know of.

There's one private range that's open to the public in Williston and one public land range south of Williston on 85 heading to Twatford Shitty. There's an awesome range in Manning that I was a member of, but it's about 1.5 hours from you. It's called the Slope Area rifle pistol club and it's about $65 a year.

I found a rancher that lets me shoot on his property as long as I clean up after myself.

On a plus side, you have the best pizza shop for a couple of hundred miles in town though.

Welcome to the Bakken.

@Mauser556
View Quote
Thank you.  Hoping when money gets better and paying off moving expenses I can get some time for long range stuff
 Have an A4 I want to get slung back up with.
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 10:42:45 AM EDT
[#3]
We farm over by Arnegard and have steel and paper out to 1,500yds. Let me know if/when you want to come out.
Link Posted: 6/8/2019 2:27:22 AM EDT
[#4]
They are putting in a public range.

i use to go south 7 miles from town and shoot on forest service land. By wolf creek trail head there is a great butte that serves as a great back ground. I have also spent a lot of time out by Sather campground
Link Posted: 10/29/2019 11:18:30 AM EDT
[#5]
@dakotagoon

Thanks.  I'm getting some things squared away, so it may be after winter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top