Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2023 10:34:21 AM EDT
Whats your vehicle firearm laws as far as loaded rifles and pistols while travelling through?Thanks
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 12:53:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By StanleySpidowski:
Whats your vehicle firearm laws as far as loaded rifles and pistols while travelling through?Thanks
View Quote

FOPA.

In reality as long as you don't do dumb things nobody will care. We don't (yet) have the retarded laws of Washington and California.

Hell, I drove across the country with a machine gun in the backseat of the car. Wasn't a big deal because I didn't make it one.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 2:25:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Typical warning: I'm not a lawyer and this isn't legal advice.

We don't have any law regarding loaded guns. We don't have a law against concealed long guns in a vehicle. We do have a law against concealed handguns in vehicles and on person. You could open carry it, but IMO that's asking for more scrutiny. Also open carry is prohibited without a CHL in, as far as I know, Portland and beaverton (or is it tigard).
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 4:30:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AASG:
Typical warning: I'm not a lawyer and this isn't legal advice.

We don't have any law regarding loaded guns. We don't have a law against concealed long guns in a vehicle. We do have a law against concealed handguns in vehicles and on person. You could open carry it, but IMO that's asking for more scrutiny. Also open carry is prohibited without a CHL in, as far as I know, Portland and beaverton (or is it tigard).
View Quote

I think it's Portland but I know no carry at all in Salem without a CHL. Not familiar with specific rules of Beaverton and Tigard.

To add, OR does NOT recognize any CHL but their own.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 11:49:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 10:17:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Planning a trip out there and rent a car to drive the coast. Hwy 101, I think.

So if I carry a g19 in OWB holster I would be OK if I stay out of Salem and Portland, which Im trying to do.

Any suggestions of where to fly in to other than those two towns?
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 1:57:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By swampvol:
Planning a trip out there and rent a car to drive the coast. Hwy 101, I think.

So if I carry a g19 in OWB holster I would be OK if I stay out of Salem and Portland, which Im trying to do.

Any suggestions of where to fly in to other than those two towns?
View Quote

Flights will be cheapest into Portland. There are some other counties/cities with ordinances against open carry without a CCW. 101 is a nice drive.
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 3:36:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Dash_ISpy:

Flights will be cheapest into Portland. There are some other counties/cities with ordinances against open carry without a CCW. 101 is a nice drive.
View Quote

So best to just lock the gun in the glove box I guess. Shame such a beautiful state has such crappy gun laws.
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 6:01:28 PM EDT
[#8]

So best to just lock the gun in the glove box I guess. Shame such a beautiful state has such crappy gun laws.
View Quote

It actually has some of the best gun laws in the country when you factor in suppressor hunting, CCW, etc. it’s just not out of state friendly. But it’s not trending upwards
Link Posted: 8/13/2023 7:22:04 PM EDT
[#9]

It actually has some of the best gun laws in the country when you factor in suppressor hunting, CCW, etc. it’s just not out of state friendly. But it’s not trending upwards
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/20/2023 11:53:02 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

Sure there are worse states, but at this point more than 50% of US states have constitutional carry. A lot of states are proactively protecting gun rights. Our state is trying to be little California.
Link Posted: 8/21/2023 4:17:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By AASG:

Sure there are worse states, but at this point more than 50% of US states have constitutional carry. A lot of states are proactively protecting gun rights. Our state is trying to be little California.
View Quote

The government is communist dictatorship but the gun laws at this time are very good. May be changing soon.
Link Posted: 8/21/2023 4:23:51 PM EDT
[#12]
So keeping a loaded pistol in a locked vehicle center console is gtg?
No mag restrictions?
Link Posted: 8/21/2023 8:35:32 PM EDT
[#13]
So keeping a loaded pistol in a locked vehicle center console is gtg?
No mag restrictions?
View Quote

No mag restrictions. I happily play with 72rnd drums on my suppressed machine gun here.

I'd say you are probably fine like that as long as you don't make it a problem. I'd have to see what the law actually states.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top