Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/11/2020 8:21:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mauser556]
The North Dakota chapter the first Cold Weather hike out in the National Grasslands in Western North Dakota. The first Turkey Leg Hike will be a one day hike starting from the Magpie Road trailhead and hiking to the Ice Caves loop and back.  Should be 8-9 miles total.

Meet time will be at 10:00AM CST with the hike beginning at 10:30 on November 21st, Saturday

Maah Daah Hey Trail, Magpie Trailhead
Fairfield, ND 58627
https://maps.app.goo.gl/KeiHrEFpLtBRPooCA

Afterwards will meet up at a sit down restaurant in Watford City, or Killdeer.  We can decide after the hike.

Bring cold weather gear.  Layer up as its easier to layer down.  Bring extra clothes incase you sweet enough that its best to change out to drier gear.  

This will be a great opportunityto see what gear you have works the best in colder climates.

Its best to contact me here on Arf while I get an email account set up.

A thought I have is to maybe create a Badlands group to encompass Western South Dakota and Easter Wyoming and Montana.  We have a lot if areas to cover but sparsely spread out.

I'd also like to ask if I can advertise on American Contingency  of the met, and who and what American Pioneer Corps is.

Thank you.

APC thread here.  Confirm at the APC thread in hometown.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Hometown/North-Dakota/69-647670/
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 10:20:47 AM EDT
[#1]
@PepeTheGreat
@TacticalGarand44

If you guys are interested this weekend.
Link Posted: 11/16/2020 7:52:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I won’t be able to make it. I just got back for a hunting trip and I have to work.
Link Posted: 11/17/2020 1:58:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Lungbuster:
I won’t be able to make it. I just got back for a hunting trip and I have to work.
View Quote

Roger that.  Get while the gettin' is good before them stupid lock downs screw us all.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 7:49:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Missed the hike. Anything else planned coming up?
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 11:03:57 AM EDT
[#5]
I just found this thread. Seems the @ function isn't working properly.

I'll need to get my energy back from the Rona before I can do anything fun. These days just walking across the yard to check bins is leaving me winded.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 9:26:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Wish I would have seen this thread.
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 10:19:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By D348:
Wish I would have seen this thread.
View Quote

I'm not sure what to do for an event.  Im tickling the idea of a shoot/qual, just unsure where, and I don't have the equipment or stands to do it.  Plus I know we are not wanting to run ammo if we don't have to.  

I'd love to do a hike, but the cold, asthma and my damn heels are making me hesitant  

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 7:54:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Mauser556:

I'm not sure what to do for an event.  Im tickling the idea of a shoot/qual, just unsure where, and I don't have the equipment or stands to do it.  Plus I know we are not wanting to run ammo if we don't have to.  

I'd love to do a hike, but the cold, asthma and my damn heels are making me hesitant  

Thoughts?
View Quote

@Mauser556

I'm down for a hike or ruck.  I'm trying to get ready for the APC challenge in march and need to start getting some miles in with a pack and work on my land navigation. @ me if you have a day in mind.

I also checked the local steel supplier, they have ar450 for $25 per square foot. If we had a couple guys interested in shooting we could get some plates made up to shoot.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 3:54:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Lurk-king:

@Mauser556

I'm down for a hike or ruck.  I'm trying to get ready for the APC challenge in march and need to start getting some miles in with a pack and work on my land navigation. @ me if you have a day in mind.

I also checked the local steel supplier, they have ar450 for $25 per square foot. If we had a couple guys interested in shooting we could get some plates made up to shoot.
View Quote

Sorry for the late reply.

I have this weekend off, then Sunday next week.  Padt two weeks have been busy.

Posted up on APC ND for a ruck, but would like to shoot, or figure out a land nav course, or at least think to do a sit-down clinic to reorient ourselves with the basics.

@Lurk-king
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top