Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/31/2019 11:15:18 PM EDT
Just graduated from K-State, accepted a job right outside of Lincoln, now a resident of Nebraska. Living in South Lincoln for the time being. Just wanted to say hello to all of the Nebraska members. Seeing as I will have to take a Nebraska Concealed Carry class, are there any recommendations on where to do that? I've heard mixed reviews on a few places, wanted to get some opinions here. If anyone has any info on public fishing/hunting I'm interested in that as well, not sure how Nebraska's public land is. If there is any type of regular meet up that y'all do I'd be interested in that also. Thanks all!
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 3:04:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I would look up Thunder Alley or Big Shots for CHP classes. I took mine with Chris Zeeb years ago.

Public land is few and far between. The farther you travel outside of metro or big cities the better. 97% of land is privately owned.

Monthly meet ups? LOL. It never works out. I wish we did, but doesn't seem much interest around here.

Welcome to NE! Hope you enjoy the taxes.

Oh, the Unicam will start up pretty soon in Jan. Join the Nebraska Firearms Owners Association (NFOA) and get involved!
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 5:12:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 7:52:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: saltydecimator] [#3]
unicam?

lotta public land over by me, (Hebron) and south of lincoln tween it and bee-a-trice.  i think.

i havent tried to use them yet, but seems good.  i assume they ate up when it comes time for season

the NFGOA or whatever forum do more gun swappin than the local armslists?  they suck, i assume the "permit to purchase" bs interferes with that?  or is it just population?

ohhhh man, were you doing the constitutional carry thing down there?  if youre not converting a license then you gotta prove "worthiness" by being resident for 6 mos, thats how i read it at least
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 10:56:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Unicam is short for Unicameral. I say Unicam cuz im lazy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top