Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 11:49:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jmccoy:
Tallow Creek scares me.
View Quote

The last time is was there, I could hear banjos playing....we were armed to the teeth and still felt uneasy.   Never again.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 12:27:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 6:15:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: G_S] [#3]
New Gun Store in Bossier,
Had afew minutes to kill poked my head in.
Seemed like nice, good knowledgeable fokes.

In house gunsmithing
Say they should get there NFA license soon for suppressors and all that fun.

DavTac

Prices seemed very reasonable.

Update, my original post one about Shreveport area gun stores

Link Posted: 12/27/2014 3:30:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mouthpiece] [#4]
I went in to a newer(last year or so) Gun shop in DeRidder 12/26/2014.
On hwy 171 not sure of address or whatever since I'm not local.
Decent selection of handguns and long guns. Prices seemed high!

Edit; CNG gun shop
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 8:45:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I shot at FITS in Slidell for the first time this weekend.

Their store wasn't very impressive. Not a whole lot there, and not a lot of high quality stuff. Prices didn't seem fantastic.

Their range, though, I would go back for. Nice little 8 lane indoor pistol range. Everything was in good working condition, seemed reasonably clean.
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 1:49:35 AM EDT
[#6]
I usually shoot in the cane fields and behind the levees near the south farms of sherburne (Ramah/Maringouin) being that i work as a LEO on the northend of iberville parish...the farmers greatly appreciate me and my partners' clean,fun and humane styles of varmint eradication or as we call it tactical long range firearms training for SWAT...we dont charge anything for our services but more tham few times ammo has been discreetly, tactically and even strategically placed in our (technically theirs) hunting areas..along with the occasional cases of beer, water, tobacco products, slim jims and non mass produced (purchased legally at EVERY store/gas station these days from sellout shiners or legal distillers)
Link Posted: 1/10/2015 10:47:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By jmccoy:
I shot at FITS in Slidell for the first time this weekend.

Their store wasn't very impressive. Not a whole lot there, and not a lot of high quality stuff. Prices didn't seem fantastic.

Their range, though, I would go back for. Nice little 8 lane indoor pistol range. Everything was in good working condition, seemed reasonably clean.
View Quote

The prices were higher than I expected, especially for transfers, but as far as pistols ranges go; I like it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 4:04:20 AM EDT
[#8]
I found that if you need guns, normally a local FFL Josh(Apocalyptic Sports) is usually the cheapest. Plus his fees are only $20, versus other stores.

I've done quite a bit of business with him since meeting him at a gunshow a year or so ago, maybe two years
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:21:00 AM EDT
[#9]
plug for my buddy nick that owns Ferrera firearms in Baton rouge

https://www.facebook.com/ferrarafirearms

They do class 3 stuff, suppressors, trusts, gunsmithing, etc.
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 1:58:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: waldandav] [#10]
Guns and Ammo in Benton, La
Class 3 shop, friendly, $20 Dollar transfers, and right on highway 3 between  
Bossier City and Benton
Edit 4-2-20
Price of transfers are now $40.00 cash.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 4:42:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Small shop that opened a little while back: BRG Gun Parts & Ammo in Ruston. Don't seem to carry a whole lot of stock (except 5.11 clothes and LEO/EMT/FF uniforms). They charge $15 per item for transfers & can order anything you ask for, Class 3 included... actually had a Silencerco Sparrow sitting in the display case when I was there a few days ago. PMags for reasonable prices ($13 regular, $16 windowed); also the only LA dealer for ETS mags, if you're looking to buy local. CHL courses offered. Nice guys!
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 5:05:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By LoupGarou:

St. Bernard Indoor shooting Center is back  up and running. I stopped in today, range looks great, gun shop is better stocked than ever before.

212 Aycock Street, Arabi

Spend many a Friday night there shooting Steel Challenge, pre Katrina.

Hoping they bring that back!

View Quote

Yup, Friday plate matches are back!

Nice shop, $20 transfers for non-members.

Range updates going on right now too so the facilities are well cared-for.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 5:00:55 PM EDT
[#13]

Yep, now I've gotta clear up my Fridays so I can make it out there!
Not as convenient as when I lived down the street from the place.

Still have my shirt from there...

Link Posted: 2/22/2016 7:15:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mccray] [#14]
edit
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 7:16:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mccray] [#15]
Originally Posted By olekennyroy:
Has anyone mentioned Sport Optics in Hammond?

I stopped in there yesterday.  Lots of nice stuff.  

SportOptics.com
1715 S. Morrison Blvd.
Hammond, LA, 70402
Phone: 800-720-9625
Mon - Fri: 8:30 am - 6:00 pm
View Quote

+100

They are now also Interstate Gunsunder the same owner. Very nice supply of tactical gear / weapons/Ammo/ Reloading supplies and middle to very high end optics.

If you have BRD it's a candy store!
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 5:13:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Anybody recommend a place for a transfer near Leesville / ft Polk area?
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 11:09:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Fuselier in Arnaudville is putting a lot of money into its range.  We now have a keycard swipe for the front gate, and the new pistol range is nice.  It's nice to be part of a club that is steadily putting money back into the range.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 6:14:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Top Shot Shooting Facility 136 Lowery Rd, Quitman, LA 71268
(318) 475-9678
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 6:20:49 PM EDT
[#19]
We can take TurboGoat off the list; they closed the doors on Nov 4th. AFAIK the owner's keeping his FFL and doing transfers and orders by appointment, but the storefront's gone.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 5:59:17 PM EDT
[#20]
I recently did a few transfers through Louisiana Explosives Training, located on the 90 between New Iberia and Lafayette.  Gentleman that helped me was friendly.  
Lousiana Explosives Training
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 2:35:35 PM EDT
[#21]
New gun store in Ponchatoula called Apocalypse Sports.
It’s small, but they have a good AR selection. They’ll do transfers for $20.
Seems like a cool shop.
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 9:40:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: olekennyroy] [#22]
Originally Posted By 327AT-GUY:
New gun store in Ponchatoula called Apocalypse Sports.
It's small, but they have a good AR selection. They'll do transfers for $20.
Seems like a cool shop.
View Quote
The owner (Josh) is an awesome guy.  He jumped off a bridge and saved a family too... http://www.wwltv.com/article/news/local/northshore/green-beret-saves-woman-4-year-old-from-submerged-dump-truck/339976183
Link Posted: 6/1/2019 8:18:31 AM EDT
[#23]
I opened  a shop between Baton Rouge and Amite on Hwy 16

It's a custom shop but it might be of interest to some people.
Link Posted: 6/21/2019 6:07:29 AM EDT
[#24]
We seriously need more long-range places to go.  I'm a member at Fusilier and cannot understand why there is so much resistance among the members towards extending the range.  300 yards is too damn short.  They have a TON of land out there to do whatever they want with.

Link Posted: 8/27/2019 7:46:36 PM EDT
[#25]
All members of Fusilier should make every effort to attend the annual meeting on Friday Sept 6th.  A LOT is going on with the club, including possible changes in leadership.  From what I hear the main topic of discussion will be the expansion of the property to include longer ranges.  Votes will be held so please try to attend!  I'll be there for sure.
Link Posted: 12/1/2019 10:45:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Iberville Parish (Plaquemine LA) just opened a nice outdoor range. 8ish 100yd lanes, unknown number of 25yd pistol lanes, and even an elevated archery range.

http://www.ibervilleparish.com/Services/Firing-Range
Link Posted: 12/2/2019 2:42:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By mxracer72:
Iberville Parish (Plaquemine LA) just opened a nice outdoor range. 8ish 100yd lanes, unknown number of 25yd pistol lanes, and even an elevated archery range.

http://www.ibervilleparish.com/Services/Firing-Range
View Quote
Well, well, well... something to do when stuck at the in-laws!
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 11:20:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Bayou gunslingers in Denham springs (does class 3) great guy.

Bayou gunslingers range in Clinton. Does full auto rentals.

FRC gun range off of s Choctaw. Nice people, but similar set up as precision. Does USPA on Tuesday nights, force on force training, etc.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 2:46:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By ragincajun1919:

Dave's gunshop=arrogant assholes more concerned with making you feel stupid/inferior than actually listening to what you say
View Quote
Not to mention they had a ND and shot a customer several years ago.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 10:56:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Interstate Guns/Sport Optics is still in Hammond.
C&S Gun Parlor is in Covington.
Arm's Merchant is still in Mandeville, but I fear that won't be for long.
Jims Firearms in Baton Rouge
Practical Tactical is somewhere near Baton Rouge
BR Police supplies is still in business.
Barneys is still in Metairie and Lafayette.
Apocalypse Sports is in Ponchatoula.
LA Gun (not to be confused with Louisiana Gun & Reloading in BR) is in Madisonville.
Louisiana Gun & Reloading is still alive and well in BR.
Bowie Outfitters is still in BR.

FRC Range has the retail shop and range, as well as the shoot house and classrooms.
FITS is still running in Slidell
Honey Island is still around, with improvements, even though it becomes Atlantis after every rain.
Bedico Creek (Tallow Creek owners) is a dump.
FTS Range is in Cut Off.
Palo Alto is still kicking.
Someone Precision in BR is still around.
Baker Range is also still around.
Nicks Range is in Garyville.
Bridgeview Gun Club is the old range across the bridge in BR.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 4:16:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: G_S] [#31]
@RustedAce

Hey man can you update the master list.
It does not look liked it has been updated in about 7 years.

I updated my Shreveport Bossier area list today.
We have had a few openings and afew closing.
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 11:28:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By CajunMojo:

Not to mention they had a ND and shot a customer several years ago.
View Quote

Came across this in my newsfeeds, and thought of you good folks right away--

[url=https://www.atf.gov/news/pr/lafayette-firearms-store-and-owner-indicted-federal-firearms-charges[/url]

Ragincajun1919 saw the way of these people eight years ago--

Fondest regards from the Great Pacific Northwet and regards to Col. Coppens

Link Posted: 11/6/2021 8:53:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By RustedAce:
Does anyone know anything about this place?

Its supposedly right down the road from my house, but the address is a Karate place or something.

http://www.saatg.com
View Quote

Their prices are insane....stay away

Link Posted: 11/6/2021 8:55:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Mccray:

+100

They are now also Interstate Gunsunder the same owner. Very nice supply of tactical gear / weapons/Ammo/ Reloading supplies and middle to very high end optics.

If you have BRD it's a candy store!
View Quote

The best gun shop period....I dont go any where else

Link Posted: 11/11/2021 1:02:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Cajun Gun & Gear in Lafayette (on Pinhook, south of Wal-Mart) may be a small store, but their inventory is very high quality and full of lots of interesting items.
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 10:11:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SnakeDoctor_IV] [#36]
Lake Charles/DeRidder/Westlake

DTS Tactical right off of Hwy 171 North of Lake Charles. On the right hand side after you cross the river basin and first come into Moss Bluff. They have a great selection of almost everything one could need. Good selection of ammo and reloading powders also. And an amazing “Consignment” wall with a bunch of cool items for sale there as well. And a fresh coffee table to boot too. Their website www.dtstactical.com has a lot of good stuff as well that other people are always out of stock or backlogged. And if you buy from the site, have it shipped to their store and you won’t get charged shipping. They will then call you when it gets to the store so you can go pick it up. Just all around a great place, friendly and humble and just nice good family oriented business. Doc & Sarah Hampton are the husband and wife owners & operators of it. And they have a Silencer Co kiosk there too.

Arabi/NOLA

Neutral Ground Gun Company…. The former St. Bernard on 212 Aycock Street. Re-opened under new ownership, one of the owners being James Reeves from TFBTV. Not a bad place! Went to their grand opening and they had a decent selection for a quick start up. The range is also updated with new and brighter lighting as well as other newer features.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 8:54:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By SnakeDoctor_IV:
Lake Charles/DeRidder/Westlake

DTS Tactical right off of Hwy 171 North of Lake Charles. On the right hand side after you cross the river basin and first come into Moss Bluff. They have a great selection of almost everything one could need. Good selection of ammo and reloading powders also. And an amazing “Consignment” wall with a bunch of cool items for sale there as well. And a fresh coffee table to boot too. Their website www.dtstactical.com has a lot of good stuff as well that other people are always out of stock or backlogged. And if you buy from the site, have it shipped to their store and you won’t get charged shipping. They will then call you when it gets to the store so you can go pick it up. Just all around a great place, friendly and humble and just nice good family oriented business. Doc & Sarah Hampton are the husband and wife owners & operators of it. And they have a Silencer Co kiosk there too.
View Quote

DTS is great.  Best part is $20 transfers.
Link Posted: 9/13/2023 9:22:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Gun Shop:

Metairie / New Orleans

Freedom Brothers Armory on N Causeway right off the I-10.

Nice young guys and they deserve a try.  Cheap transfers, nice shop and customer friendly.   They are at most of the local shows, too.  

I try to support them because most LGS and enthusiasts seem to be in the rapidly greying category!!!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top