Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2024 4:17:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ambridge77]
Larry Hogan announced he's running for U.S. Senate.

Can he win?

Are you enthusiastic about his campaign?

Is he just Democrat Lite?

If he won, would he help or hurt?
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 4:27:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10999] [#1]
If he were a dinosaur, he’d be a Rhinosaurus Rex.

Not a fan….

With that, said though, Ben Cardin is/was a scumbag of epic proportions. In a lot of respects, Larry Hogan did what he did in order to get elected in an overwhelmingly Democratic state so while I don’t care for him, and I was happy that he didn’t try to stop the concealed carry permit process, I would rather see him get it than any Democrat. But I don’t think that he’d have voted to impeach Mayorcas, and for the most part, I don’t think that he would go against most current Democrat proposals I don’t hold out much hope for the state embracing any sort of real conservatism.
Link Posted: 2/9/2024 11:22:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Fat Larry, The Wonder Slug.

RINO extraordinaire.

He probably does have a chance of winning a senate seat as low information voters see an (R) by his name and think voting for him is a conservative gesture. That's how he got into office to begin with.

While on one hand I agree with the post above that he'd probably be better than a democrat, the other hand wonders "How?". In some ways, it's better to just have a democrat and knowing what you're dealing with than a camo'ed traitor to conservative values. I cannot think of one positive thing he did for conservatives or gun owners.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 2:20:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By eshell:
Fat Larry, The Wonder Slug.

RINO extraordinaire.

He probably does have a chance of winning a senate seat as low information voters see an (R) by his name and think voting for him is a conservative gesture. That's how he got into office to begin with.

While on one hand I agree with the post above that he'd probably be better than a democrat, the other hand wonders "How?". In some ways, it's better to just have a democrat and knowing what you're dealing with than a camo'ed traitor to conservative values. I cannot think of one positive thing he did for conservatives or gun owners.
View Quote
Numbers matter and Hogan is the best a state like MD can do. Giving that up would not be very smart.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 10:42:29 PM EDT
[#4]
As much as I despise fat Larry I’ll probably hold my nose and vote for him.
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 5:14:23 PM EDT
[#5]
He at least has a shot at winning.  I just want to see Alsobrooks get primaried out.  I retired from PG and it pains me to see what my coworkers have to deal with. They get shit on every chance given.  It’s terrible.  

I was gonna vote R anyway. If nothing else, it gives another R seat in the senate.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 8:16:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Cypher15:Numbers matter and Hogan is the best a state like MD can do. Giving that up would not be very smart.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Cypher15:Numbers matter and Hogan is the best a state like MD can do. Giving that up would not be very smart.

Originally Posted By INMY01TA:As much as I despise fat Larry I’ll probably hold my nose and vote for him.

Originally Posted By cap6888:...I was gonna vote R anyway. If nothing else, it gives another R seat in the senate.

Of course you guys are right, given he is our only other choice, but that doesn't stop me from calling a RINO a RINO. He truly IS a democrat in GOP clothing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top