Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/24/2021 5:16:52 PM EDT
Often asked question I'm sure.  I have to dip down to Mass tomorrow to visit the folks.  

Search says pepper spray is legal for over 18 with no permit requirement.

Thanks,
<former masshole
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 5:39:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Correct, as long as the person isn't a (MA) prohibited person (much stricter than Fed definition) and over 18 yrs old.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 5:48:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By LenS:
Correct, as long as the person isn't a (MA) prohibited person (much stricter than Fed definition) and over 18 yrs old.
View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 6:03:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Thread necro…stepped in to find an answer to this very question. Thanks!
Any changes in the law in the past couple of years?

What about collapsible batons?

Wife and I will be visiting the week of Labor Day, and the itinerary involves a bit of walking around after dark and public transportation.

TIA for any input!
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 6:46:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By chipling:
Thread necro stepped in to find an answer to this very question. Thanks!
Any changes in the law in the past couple of years?

What about collapsible batons?

Wife and I will be visiting the week of Labor Day, and the itinerary involves a bit of walking around after dark and public transportation.

TIA for any input!
View Quote
No change wrt pepper spray. Basically forbidden on any school/college property, courthouses, etc.

Collapsible batons could easily result in a felony charge under "other weapons" in MGL C. 269 S. 10. Not advised.
Link Posted: 8/19/2023 7:37:24 PM EDT
[#5]
@LenS

Thanks a bunch for the quick response and info, much obliged sir!
I’ll bail on the baton idea.

Thanks again!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top