Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2021 11:23:47 AM EDT
Maybe someday I'll be in good enough shape to do a Cola Warrior. In the mean time, Easter was great and I had Peeps (of sorts):

Link Posted: 4/5/2021 9:00:48 AM EDT
[#1]
You don't need to be in great shape to run the course. Sure... it helps! But attend one and give yourself something to work towards for the next event!!!
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 5:46:41 PM EDT
[#2]
We had a 61 year old guy run West last weekend. He had just had a heart attack the week before. Drove himself to the hospital then out to the event. He was far from last place also.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 7:54:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 1:24:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HDLS] [#4]
Been 2 years....
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 2:56:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I get in worse shape every cola and I still go and have fun and don't die and don't get last.

Do it.
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 3:05:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HDLS] [#6]
@planemaker

Mississippi coming up in May
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 3:13:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HDLS:
@planemaker

View Quote

Working on it. Have dropped another 10lbs. Getting ready to start a better exercise regime. Had to do some physical therapy over the last few weeks due to an injury.

@HDLS
Link Posted: 4/10/2023 3:22:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By planemaker:

Working on it. Have dropped another 10lbs. Getting ready to start a better exercise regime. Had to do some physical therapy over the last few weeks due to an injury.

@HDLS
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
@planemaker

@HDLS

I got a cast off my broken hand on Friday before the Cola West a couple weeks ago. I left for Arizona the next morning.  Did 2 combat class runs, one day and one night, and was nowhere near last on either of them. I still need physical therapy on my hand/wrist as I have a plate and 9 screws from a previous injury to my wrist and a previous broken bone near my thumb.

Unless you're dead there's no reason not to go. Gonna be blunt, saying you need to lose weight or get in shape before going to one is a lame excuse.

It will likely motivate you to lose even more weight, get in better shape, and work to improve your shooting. And you make a bunch of new friends from the internet.

Link Posted: 4/10/2023 3:35:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: planemaker] [#9]

I got a cast off my broken hand on Friday before the Cola West a couple weeks ago. I left for Arizona the next morning.  Did 2 combat class runs, one day and one night, and was nowhere near last on either of them. I still need physical therapy on my hand/wrist as I have a plate and 9 screws from a previous injury to my wrist and a previous broken bone near my thumb.

Unless you're dead there's no reason not to go. Gonna be blunt, saying you need to lose weight or get in shape before going to one is a lame excuse.

It will likely motivate you to lose even more weight, get in better shape, and work to improve your shooting. And you make a bunch of new friends from the internet.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
@planemaker

@HDLS

When in May?

ETA: Forgot this thread is 2 years old. Last year I dropped 20lbs and am down 10 more so far this year. So, while not dead yet (cue Monty Python skit), I'm attempting to be less so.

ETA2: Are Peeps keto friendly?

ETA3: Found a thread in GD. Looks like Vicksburg, MS. May 11th through the 13th? Might be able to make it since anniversary is Cinco de Mayo and missing that would obviously be a non-starter. I hate to sound like an imbecile but I'd like to be an "observer" first to see how stuff is so I don't look ridiculous signing up for something I simply can't physically do. I figure I'd have to donate and sign up and/or donate and volunteer to do something useful for the group. (I do have a drone that can take video if that helps.) @HDLS
Link Posted: 4/11/2023 12:15:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 7:55:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By southerncross:

Just show up and do what you can. Quit worrying about what others think of you or your performance and just do the damn thing. Your insecurity over being able to complete something you have no experience with is holding you back from attempting the thing in the first place.
View Quote

I showed up thinking I do pretty good on account of how awesome I am, those guys ate my lunch...
Now I won't miss another just to try and beat at least one of them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top