Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2019 11:14:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Saladman]
How many of you are underwater?  I drive a ways to work in a rural area in Eastern Nebraska from Omaha, and it was pretty wet out there.  A lot of people calling in or going home early because all the roads are flooded out!

I've been lucky and had no issues, my parents only had a little bit of flooding in their basement, eh!
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 12:38:01 AM EDT
[#1]
From what I have read, it seems like Norfolk was in danger of a dam rupturing and communities along the Platt from Schuyler to to Ashland are in danger.

A friend in Columbus says bridges have been washed away and there are limited ways to get into/out of town.

Stay safe.
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 9:09:18 AM EDT
[#2]
It's been crazy up here ... dams are swelling or at least one, couple bridges out, roads flooded. Just insane pics and vids on Facebook, etc.

We were ok. My parents and in-laws have quite a bit of water around.
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 10:04:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DirtyHandsRob:
It's been crazy up here ... dams are swelling or at least one, couple bridges out, roads flooded. Just insane pics and vids on Facebook, etc.

We were ok. My parents and in-laws have quite a bit of water around.
View Quote
I was wondering how you were doing. My MIL has family down there too and half of them got displaced. If you need anything, let me know. That goes for the rest of you guys too. We have quite a bit of damage up here (northeast) too. Hopefully do some assessment tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/29/2019 7:06:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Stay safe!

As a retired farmer, I was dumb-struck by the flooding. AWFUL! 65 Counties declared "Disasters."

Worst flooding damage in our state's history: Nebraska Gov.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top