Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/4/2018 8:39:41 AM EDT
Looks like I'll be moving there around Fall to early next year; just curious what the climate there is like with firearms? I saw there were a couple gun clubs with one of those going out to 600yds, which is a good thing because I enjoy precision shooting. Are there a lot of people into shooting, or is it a pretty small group?
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 3:11:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Forks Rifle Club is sw of town with a nice range.  They host NRA disciplines like HP XTC/F Class/Small Bore matches.
The EGF Rod and Gun is n of EGF along Red River about 8-10 miles they have more shotgun and handgun stuff.
You have Scheels in GF and Cabelas in EGF.

There is 1000 yd range east of Bismarck that hosts the same type of matches at Forks.  And, there another club up at Rolla
that hosts a HP match.

If you touch base with the people at Forks and EFG R&G you will be in good shape for shooting.
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 7:15:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply!
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 8:49:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Are you pcsing here?
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 12:06:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, should be interesting since I haven't been there yet. I'm still trying to find out what part of town is best for living and hopefully find an apartment that meets my needs. Are you at GF now?
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 11:33:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gonzaar24] [#5]
I used to be stationed in GF. I left there last summer when I separated from the military. Usually the best places to rent an apartment are by Target. They are so nice but can be costly depending on your budget. Or check out the apartments behind AMC classic movie theater. Now for guns there is this nice gun shop I used to go to called Brother's Firearms. Cool people. You can always go to east grand forks for cabelas too. There's a place across the base down the dirt road where people go shooting. Just an empty plot of land. If you want an indoor range you can go to Fargo. There's a place called Bill's Gun Shop. Fargo is awesome. More stuff to do. Let me know if you have any questions.

Edit: I didn't realize this post was made 2 years ago lol sorry I'm still waking up.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 11:07:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Haha, no worries, I appreciate the input anyway. This sub doesn't get a whole lot of traffic so old posts will look like new ones! Didn't know about the area across from base.. I've seen the dirt road, but I'll have to look into it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top