Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2019 7:40:03 PM EDT
Looks like I will be in Nebraska working recovery for the govt in the flooded areas.

Supposed to Fly into Omaha, Drive to Lincoln and then they will deploy me where ever they want me.
They asked me to be able to Deploy for 6 mths so I will be up there for a while. Most likely be working 60 + a Week so when I have a chance to be off what should I go see or do?

Any Gun Stores I shouldnt miss?

any sights I shouldnt miss

Restaurants ?

I know Brownells isnt too far Iowa, (3hrs ish ) so at some point im doing that but Other than that, HELP ME.

Thanks

Larry
Link Posted: 6/11/2019 7:54:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Lots of areas affected by the flooding here. Lots of options down in the Lincoln/Omaha for gun stores/restaurants, up here in the northeast, not so much. How soon?
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 9:05:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Larrys1911:
Looks like I will be in Nebraska working recovery for the govt in the flooded areas.

Supposed to Fly into Omaha, Drive to Lincoln and then they will deploy me where ever they want me.
They asked me to be able to Deploy for 6 mths so I will be up there for a while. Most likely be working 60 + a Week so when I have a chance to be off what should I go see or do?

any sights I shouldnt miss

Restaurants ?

I know Brownells isnt too far Iowa, (3hrs ish ) so at some point im doing that but Other than that, HELP ME.

Thanks

Larry
View Quote
Lots of places affected by flooding, so as soon as you know where you're going, I can give you better recommendations.

However, Cabela's in LaVista (near Omaha), DE Guns outside Lincoln, Big Shots and Thunder Alley in Lincoln are good ranges/gun stores.

Let us know where and when you are here.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 9:18:13 AM EDT
[#3]
LOL Sorry I thought I put that in there. I'll be there tomorrow (6-13).  Ill spend a week in Lincoln starting tomorrow afternoon but I have a meeting two hours after I land in Omaha so good eats in Lincoln would be much appreciated. I doubt I will have time to do much more than eat the first couple weeks. As soon as I know the area I will let you know.

thanks for help

Larry
Link Posted: 6/17/2019 10:58:58 PM EDT
[#4]
You should try to get tix for the college world series. Great time.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 11:05:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Not firearms related but the Omaha Zoo is worth a look. Will need to plan an entire day there tho.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 12:57:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hodgi_:
Not firearms related but the Omaha Zoo is worth a look. Will need to plan an entire day there tho.
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 4:53:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Larrys1911:
View Quote
www.deguns.net is a pretty good store. Head east on O street. It's a few miles out side of town.
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 10:16:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/20/2019 6:42:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Larrys1911] [#9]
SO I have been here for a little over a month now.

Havent had a chance to go to the Zoo

Went by SCHEELS (HOLY CRAP its been a long time since I was in a store that you could just pick up the LONG guns off the shelf without asking, Kinda pissed me off the "SALT Rifles" is under lock and key ... they might jump up load them selves and Kill peeps I guess.

havent been by a dedicated gun store yet

Ate at Single Barrel - that was excellent  They have a BBQ place called Mullberry  also excellent. Same company owns Bourbon Street gonna try that one soon.

Was up at Offutt the other day and when we left we went to Stellas for hamburgers - best damn hamburger I have had in years.  HIGHLY Recommend.

Most of the rest have been chains that are nothing special.

Im Supposedly here for 6 months to a year so I have some time.

Are there any sporting clays ranges that will rent firearms?  I havent found anything.

Dont really have a lot of time and I would like to shoot some pistol stuff but I dont have any gear up here and bringing it up with my job and the fact Im living in a hotel is just not gonna happen.

I really Like Nebraska, at least while its in the summer months! Everyone here talks about how bad the humidity is, I love this weather.  Humidity LOL

Only thing I have found I dont like is it stays light until freaking 9:30 PM My sleep schedual is totally screwed up.

I keep hearing about the Hey market gonna have to make my way there.

Larry
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 12:19:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Big Shots is a 25 yard in door range that rents hand guns. It out on west O and Sun Valley Boulevard.

DE guns also has a range. Not sure if they rent stuff out. It's pretty big place. It east of Lincoln on O street headed towards Eagle.

www.deguns.net
Link Posted: 7/29/2019 12:21:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jbooker82] [#11]
These are all in Lincoln.

Ramos Pizza, Taco Inn, we're pretty good for non chain food. Misty's for prime rib. They use to have 1/2 price prime on Monday and Tuesday from 3-5.

Look up Phat Jacks for BBQ.

The wife liked the Chinese place between Nebraska Highway, Old Cheney, and 56 street. It's in that little area between those 3 streets.

She also liked Florio's for Italian food on south 13th street.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top