Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/8/2014 2:37:46 AM EDT
I'm flying down VIA Alaska Air to Atlanta, but flying back up north VIA Reagan, once again Alaska Air, since that's the closest I can get to NC. I always fly with a pistol, but can I fly out of Reagan with one or is that in the no-no zone?
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 10:35:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Reagan is in Virginia so you can definitely fly with your guns.  I live one metro stop from the airport and have never had an issue.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 6:47:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By FreezinSig:
I'm flying down VIA Alaska Air to Atlanta, but flying back up north VIA Reagan, once again Alaska Air, since that's the closest I can get to NC. I always fly with a pistol, but can I fly out of Reagan with one or is that in the no-no zone?
View Quote

I live in TX and just lived in Arlington, VA for four months temporary for an internship. I brought a pistol. It is a NON ISSUE and you are GOOD TO GO. Just flew out of DCA in early December. DCA is in Virginia. Carrying on the metro is also legal in NOVA ONLY. Do NOT go into Maryland or DC with your gun.

Only exception to carrying on the Metro is the Pentagon Station stop. (Its at the Pentagon, derp, so its Federal property. Metro Police confirmed this for me) But thats the last stop in NOVA before DC, so thats your border stop. Dont pass it.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 3:33:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Changed plans and going to Fort Lee first, then Reagan so I'm just gonna mail my pistol back to my work (ffl/sot) before I head up there. Thanks for the input guys.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 10:58:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SkunkTop:

I live in TX and just lived in Arlington, VA for four months temporary for an internship. I brought a pistol. It is a NON ISSUE and you are GOOD TO GO. Just flew out of DCA in early December. DCA is in Virginia. Carrying on the metro is also legal in NOVA ONLY. Do NOT go into Maryland or DC with your gun.

Only exception to carrying on the Metro is the Pentagon Station stop. (Its at the Pentagon, derp, so its Federal property. Metro Police confirmed this for me) But thats the last stop in NOVA before DC, so thats your border stop. Dont pass it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Pretty amazing that you can go from ordinary citizen to federal criminal by missing a subway stop.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 2:45:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By deanwormer:

Pretty amazing that you can go from ordinary citizen to federal criminal by missing a subway stop.
View All Quotes

That whole side of the country is fucking stupid. Im glad to be back in Texas.
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 1:41:43 PM EDT
[#6]

That whole side of the country Potomac river is fucking stupid. Im glad to be back in Texas.
View All Quotes

That whole side of the country Potomac river is fucking stupid. Im glad to be back in Texas.

There, fixed that.  You can carry basically anywhere in VA, and can certainly ship your guns from Dulles or Reagan Airports.  Hell, you can even ride the Metro system (in VA) with a gun.

Crossing the Potomac into DC or MD will get your butthole tenderly loved.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 10:23:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Lowcash:

There, fixed that.  You can carry basically anywhere in VA, and can certainly ship your guns from Dulles or Reagan Airports.  Hell, you can even ride the Metro system (in VA) with a gun.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lowcash:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top