Apparently Polk just voted to pass this as well
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 11:47:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 1:55:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Bay County Commission voting today:

6. Resolution Supporting Second Amendment Rights

Recommendation:

Board to adopt the attached resolution which: 1) supports the right to bear arms and declares Bay County to be a "Second Amendment Sanctuary"; and 2) revises Bay County's

Workplace Violence Policy to permit employees to carry a concealed weapon or firearm where permitted by law.

BACKGROUND:

An individual's right to possess a firearm is protected by the United States Constitution and the Florida Constitution. This resolution reaffirms the Commission's support for those constitutional rights.

The designation of Bay County as a "Second Amendment Sanctuary" would demonstrate the commitment of the Board to protect the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution and to oppose efforts to infringe on this right.  

The resolution also modifies the County's Workplace Violence Policy, which currently prohibits employees from carrying a firearm while on County property. The revised policy provides that any person who is legally permitted to carry a concealed weapon or firearm under applicable law is allowed to do so on County property, to the maximum extent permitted by law. State law still prohibits open carry of a handgun or concealed carry of any weapon or firearm at any meeting of the governing body of a local government.

Staff recommends the Board adopt the attached Resolution Supporting Second Amendment Rights. See Exhibit 1.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 4:50:30 PM EDT
[#9]
@Miami_JBT

You can add Bay County to the list.

At Wednesday’s Bay County commission meeting, commissioners took multiple actions in light of the Second Amendment. Commissioners declared Bay County a ‘Second Amendment Sanctuary.’

This allows the board to protect Second Amendment rights and to oppose any efforts to violate these rights.

https://www.mypanhandle.com/news/bay-county-approves-employee-guns/
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 9:01:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: M4Real] [#10]
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 9:07:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 10:41:56 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm in PBC where the gun ranges are currently full of cars with NY, Mass, Conn. NJ........license plates and whose occupants are enjoying their gun rights seasonally here in Florida, but then vote for gun grabbing autocrats anyway.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 11:20:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By America-first:
I'm in PBC where the gun ranges are currently full of cars with NY, Mass, Conn. NJ........license plates and whose occupants are enjoying their gun rights seasonally here in Florida, but then vote for gun grabbing autocrats anyway.
View Quote
Same here. It's mind blowing.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 9:50:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Didn't Desoto County just pass this?
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 3:44:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Make sure these counties are really checked before putting them on the map.  Polk County just voted to be a 2A sanctuary, but do not act too quickly to add them.

https://www.theledger.com/news/20200121/polk-declares-itself-2nd-amendment-sanctuary

The Polk County Commission on Tuesday reversed course from its Friday meeting and approved a resolution affirming its support for gun rights, including language declaring the county a sanctuary.
View Quote
https://drrichswier.com/2019/09/01/florida-top-3-counties-with-the-highest-number-of-red-flag-law-gun-confiscations-polk-pinellas-broward/

Since the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Act went into effect, 2,380 risk protection orders have been issued across the state of Florida, according to data from the Florida Clerks of Court Operations Corporation. Polk County has issued the most of any county at 378, with Pinellas County close behind with 350. Broward County, home to Parkland, has issued 327, Volusia County has issued the next most with 173, then Miami-Dade County with 127 and Hillsborough County with 116
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 4:59:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Citrus here, glad to see where I guessed we would be, a true sanctuary for firearms. . . And manatees. XD so many manatees, but the women love them so they've got usefulness. I always wondered what one taste like but not THAT much. Eventually I found a super old article in a newspaper (from early 1900's) that commented they taste like just fat... What a surprise considering they're mostly fat. Anyway we have basically no shooting ranges, we do but you know what I mean. But we do truly have no long, past about 50yrds, ranges. To make up for that though we have the most liberal and open laws concerning where you can just shoot. As long as the place aint posted and it isn't shooting across a street. . . That's it. So pulling off the road down one of our long, very long forest laden roads and going a few feet into the forest you're all good. Try that in California and see what happens, (I don't actually know but I'd guess somethiang bad ending in a 3rd degree felony and extensive fees). Come here if you wanna shoot privately but be careful in dry seasons when there's been no rain, be respectful and responsible to not set anything on fire. Dragon's Breath rounds are illegal!

Other than that kewl fact we also have a blues Bros life-size statue which is freaking awesome... And that's every single thing noteworthy in Citrus... Yes we do have lots of citrus fruit, pomelos, clementines which are just tiny bitter oranges, grapefruit etc... You'll stumble upon a hidden field of overgrown citrus trees if you explore a little here lol carry a shotgun or a serious caliber Blackhawk for Retics though, once found a dead albino python someone let loose as a pet, was about 9ft I think, I have the picture here somewhere, I'll post if I can find it but not on this thread ofc.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 5:11:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By MadeintheUSA:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MadeintheUSA:
Originally Posted By America-first:

Bless you as that is so correct. I have so much true and bitter hatred for someone that you think talks smart enough and recognizes the problems of anti-gun liars, then votes for them every f****** time! Not supposed to hate anybody with being a devout celibate Christian (Baptist) but I haven't figured out how to do that with those kinds of people. No smart Alec remarks here, those people will cause the greatest amount of destruction, gun owners that vote wrongly and give up and allow God given rights to be raped to death by AOC and Chuckyyucky and S*** show Adam and faker than any star, buttgig or whatever
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 6:20:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Citrus as well ... well after the homes up. Im building on the edge of Ocala/  Dunelon haven’t found a place to Shoot yet . But i’m glad to find out the county is a sanctuary zone .
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:44:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnParker55] [#19]
What are the legal aspects of sanctuary counties in relation to anti 2A laws ,compared to non sanctuary counties  ?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 12:16:29 PM EDT
[#20]
It's mostly symbolic but it could mean that County officials and Sheriffs will not enforce anti-2A laws passed by Feds.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 7:01:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Columbia needs to step up to the plate
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 6:02:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dogue] [#22]
Add Charlotte County to the list

https://www.winknews.com/2021/05/11/commissioners-designate-charlotte-county-a-second-amendment-sanctuary/
https://abc-7.com/news/local/2021/05/11/charlotte-county-commissioners-unanimously-support-gun-rights/

The second article mentions that Lee, Collier, Hendry and Desoto are also Sanctuary Counties but only Hendry is colored in as of now.
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 3:57:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: toeheadAR] [#23]
I wish DeSantis would do what Texas just did! He has done a great job with the self defense bill (anti-mob) and more recent anti-racist school policies. Most of the Counties are 2A sanctuaries but I think he should follow TX with something similar. Texas signed 7 laws one even protects suppressors made in TX do not have to comply with NFA tax requirements.

I don't know if this petition is legit but I signed it...
DeSantis 2A sanctuary petition
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 5:02:15 PM EDT
[#24]
I would have thought Lee would be on the list.
Very red here.  Trump country !
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 9:21:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Colddeadhands61:
I would have thought Lee would be on the list.
Very red here.  Trump country !
View Quote

According to this it is, but they haven't updated Charlotte County yet either.

Link Posted: 4/29/2022 8:16:49 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm not understanding this.  What is a "sanctuary county"?  Is it the red or green ones on the first map that are "sanctuary counties" and what do those counties actually do?
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 11:35:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Milspec99] [#27]
---
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top