Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/31/2020 8:12:51 PM EDT

There is 4-6 drone helicopters (big ones) flying around in series! what’s the deal? Looks military by nature. I’ve heard something about them being somehow related to cell service (5g) but smells like a pile of bullshit.

What’s the real reason ARFCOM?
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 8:25:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Military may be trialing their autonomous helo’s.

They are used for RECON and RESUPPLY.

Pretty cool stuff especially for Search & Rescue or survey after a disaster.

Will
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 8:33:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Are you sure?  What did they look like?  As far as I know the military is flying unmanned aerial vehicles mostly inside of military airspace.  Multiple vehicles would also be unusual.

Can you maybe link an image that matches what you saw?
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 8:35:15 PM EDT
[#3]
If they are military supply birds, I wonder how I get in touch with them to support my work efforts on Kahoolawe.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 10:34:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Brundoggie:
If they are military supply birds, I wonder how I get in touch with them to support my work efforts on Kahoolawe.
View Quote

I wouldn’t want to count on it.  But if they ARE over-flying and CAN support then GTG.

Kinda worse than using reserve helicopters, they have their own schedule & agenda within their testing parameters.

Before any Butts hurts about my reserve helos comment: Normally a unit can request reserve helo support at very little cost as the pilots and crews need to get flight time and its awesome to have an important mission, but, if the maintenance isn’t tight, or a airframe fault occurs on the pre-check OR the pilot/co-pilot doesn’t show up because they are otherwise engaged, then your awesome cheap flight support doesn’t occur.

So, you get what you pay for!

Except all the above can happen when you pay for MIL flight time too!  

~Will
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 11:46:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: follybeacher] [#5]
There were 2 groups of these
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 3:41:38 AM EDT
[#6]
I can't tell how big those are but they look like ospreys to me. Not drones.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 9:49:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By follybeacher:
There were 2 groups of these
https://i.imgur.com/94p16Yi.jpg
View Quote

Those are V-22 Ospreys Dude.

Either Marine, Navy or USAF.

Carry on, nothing to see here.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 1:52:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Welp case closed
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 3:17:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By William_lxix:

Those are V-22 Ospreys Dude.

Either Marine, Navy or USAF.

Carry on, nothing to see here.
View Quote

USMC ospreys.  They fly by Maui and Kahoolawe going between K-Bay on Oahu and PTA on the Big Island.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top