Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2023 3:47:58 PM EDT
Howdy,

Moved into town- north of Casper- a few months back and I'm looking to expand my meager local social base. Aside from a few forums, I don't do social media, and I'm a stay-at-home dad, so it can be a challenge. I've been in contact with Natrona County Patriots and will get involved with them as my schedule permits.

Anyone in the area up for shooting and training- whether on our own or at the range? Or just hiking and bar visits?
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 4:23:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By lew:
Howdy,

Moved into town- north of Casper- a few months back and I'm looking to expand my meager local social base. Aside from a few forums, I don't do social media, and I'm a stay-at-home dad, so it can be a challenge. I've been in contact with Natrona County Patriots and will get involved with them as my schedule permits.

Anyone in the area up for shooting and training- whether on our own or at the range? Or just hiking and bar visits?
View Quote

Hey there, I'm up in Sheridan. That isn't super close, but we have a pretty actively group that shoots 2 or 3 times a week. Doing some low/no light training tomorrow night.
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 10:49:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By czgunner:

Hey there, I'm up in Sheridan. That isn't super close, but we have a pretty actively group that shoots 2 or 3 times a week. Doing some low/no light training tomorrow night.
View Quote

I'll have to hit you up if I get the time. I don't mind the drive up there at all.
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 9:27:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I go up that way pretty often for work so I can interact with y'all I suppose.
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 9:37:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By stoner01:
I go up that way pretty often for work so I can interact with y'all I suppose.
View Quote

Righteous.

I can shoot on my property up to about 200m and have a variety of steel. I'm still looking for a convenient, semi-local place for long range shooting, though.
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 9:40:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By lew:

Righteous.

I can shoot on my property up to about 200m and have a variety of steel. I'm still looking for a convenient, semi-local place for long range shooting, though.
View Quote

Pick a direction, drive that way for a bit, find an empty spot. Not like we don't have room in this state.
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 6:51:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lew] [#6]
Oh, I know. I'm picky: I want a trail somewhat parallel to the direction of fire so I can drop my plates off downrange. Largest is 140 lbs. I can only carry that one so far. The IDPA plates aren't bad at all.

I don't think I'll have any problem finding something I like. Just need time to get out and scout.
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 5:06:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Casper here. Message me if you want!
Link Posted: 9/16/2023 10:21:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Casper also.
Link Posted: 9/17/2023 11:18:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By DaneLaw:
Casper here. Message me if you want!
View Quote

Originally Posted By Seiran:
Casper also.
View Quote

I'll shoot ya both pm's when I have some more time. Thanks for responding! Cheers!
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 7:23:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 7:59:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Skg_Mre_Lght:
I'm in Douglas.  We shoot a ton practicing for competitions.
View Quote

PRS-type stuff? I'm not a competitor, but I'll hit you up if I ever get over your way.
Link Posted: 9/19/2023 8:47:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top