Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2022 10:06:05 AM EDT
This thread is specifically about raising money to fight ballot measure 114.  OFF-PAC is the leader in funding this fight and the money for fighting measure 114 is running low.  We're running through the yard signs donated b Powder River Sportsman's Club in Baker and need more.  OFF is having more yard signs and larger banners and highway sized signs printed but money is running out.

Here's a link to the: donation page.  You can specify that the money goes to the fight against 114. Remember, most donations qualify for a tax credit.  Not a deduction, a tax credit, and the money comes back to you.  

OFF tried to place TV ads but was stopped by all the local stations since it's about guns.  The proponents can place ads on local TV because they are about saving lives.  The Bloomberg and Gifford's Foundation money is expected to drop about October 19th when ballot mailing starts.  If we don't have the word out before then, our chances for success get smaller.  We're fighting an uphill battle and we need to continue to get the word out.

I want to remind people that OFF is a legitimate PAC and has stepped up to fight this battle.  I'm not raising money specifically for OFF, but for this cause and they are they only way that I know of where people can donate.

There are several of us, in different parts of the state, handing out information and signs to get the word out.  We're spending our own money for gas and gun show fees.  We need your help.  If you can distribute handouts or yard signs, or if you know of people or businesses that will post signs, especially large signs, please let me know.  You can PM me or send me an email at [email protected] .

Thanks in advance for supporting our fight.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 3:23:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you make a thread in GD? It'll likely get more traction than here.

Regardless, I wish you luck in your fight against government tyranny, OP. Fuck the steppers.
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 8:53:37 AM EDT
[#2]
We're having some success raising money but we're running out of time.  We really need a large infusion ASAP for getting the word out.   Ballots start get mailed the 19th.  After that, the big money makes their major push on TV.  Hoping we have enough momentum o carry us through.
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 10:54:31 PM EDT
[#3]
@Piratepast40 on that donation page it gives 3 options  for donation catagory. Do I donate to OFF or the politician action committee? Or does it matter? I don't need the tax break.
Link Posted: 10/9/2022 11:28:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AASG:
@Piratepast40 on that donation page it gives 3 options  for donation catagory. Do I donate to OFF or the politician action committee? Or does it matter? I don't need the tax break.
View Quote

If you don't need the tax break, it doesn't really matter.  I believe there is a restriction for amounts over $75k single and $150k joint tax filers but not sure how that works.
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 7:45:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Piratepast40:

If you don't need the tax break, it doesn't really matter.  I believe there is a restriction for amounts over $75k single and $150k joint tax filers but not sure how that works.
View Quote

Would be good to know. I want to maximize my donation so it realizes a tax credit. My wife, son and I will all donate.
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 11:24:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Piratepast40] [#6]
Originally Posted By SpeyRod:

Would be good to know. I want to maximize my donation so it realizes a tax credit. My wife, son and I will all donate.
View Quote

The link above is for the donation page and has the information for PAC donations.  

Thank you for supporting the cause.  OFF filed the first complaint for injunction against 114 on Friday.  Link to document text is here

It also helps to send the Governor, Attorney General, Secretary of State and head of the Senate Judiciary Committee (Floyd Prozonski), emails asking that the stop the measure before it goes into effect to save the taxpayers the expense of lawsuits based on the recent SCOTUS decision.  All email addresses and phone numbers are on their web sites.
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 12:56:49 AM EDT
[#7]
I dropped them $100.

Link Posted: 11/29/2022 3:28:27 AM EDT
[#8]
I can get a double match on qualifying charitable donations through my employer this week... Hey, I know what to do! Gonna max out that sumbitch tomorrrow morning!

My understanding from OFF's emails is that the money for these lawsuits comes out of OFEF, and as a 501(c3) organization, they qualify for the above, whereas donations directly to OFF do not.

Yeah, here we go, for anyone not on their list: "While donations to any of our three organizations (OFF, the PAC or OFEF) go to the same fight, it is the Oregon Firearms Educational Foundation that is paying the bills."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top