User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 1:35:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 5:48:00 PM EDT
[#2]
can i get GPS info to where the pit is? or a better map, would like to go.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:42:16 PM EDT
[#3]
N 45.61093 W 123.36282

Bang
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:36:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I might be able to make it out. What kind of targets do I need? You guys do mostly rifle or mix it up with pistolas? Also, is this a whole day thing or what?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 11:46:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Bring pretty much whatever you want to shoot at and shoot with; I seem to remember a lot of bumpfiring going on. There’s plenty of different things (trash) out there to shoot at, just bring lots of ammo.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:32:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I thinking of bring a metal door, framed, would anyone like to help me put it up and test verios types of round through it? I'd need some boards to hold the door upright as we blast it, anyone have some scrap wood to help with this?

Is anyone coming or did this date die out?

ilike9s
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:33:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I thinking of bring a metal door, framed, would anyone like to help me put it up and test verios types of round through it? I'd need some boards to hold the door upright as we blast it, anyone have some scrap wood to help with this?

Is anyone coming or did this date die out?

ilike9s

I think there are quite a few coming....I know I am going.

Nick
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:23:41 AM EDT
[#8]
 ill bring some 2x4s and a shovel i would love to try my a.p. on it!  
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:16:19 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm still planning on being their. Will still put up plates with arrows. About a mile after the Washington county line look on the left for the Highway Department Shed on Highway 6 heading toward Tillamook. Take a left. Follow the paper plates after that.

Bang
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:50:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
 ill bring some 2x4s and a shovel i would love to try my a.p. on it!  

Thanks, and that sound great I'd like to get alot of differnt ammo through the door and label them and take pic to see what works and what doesn't.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:23:43 PM EDT
[#11]
I may be able to round up a couple car doors.  I will see what I can do.

CH
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 12:05:18 PM EDT
[#12]
I love it when a plan comes together!  23rd is rockandroll weekend sweet!
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:56:20 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I'm still planning on being their. Will still put up plates with arrows. About a mile after the Washington county line look on the left for the Highway Department Shed on Highway 6 heading toward Tillamook. Take a left. Follow the paper plates after that.

Bang

I believe it's between mile marker 33 and 32 on Highway 6.

A little more Hywy 6 info:

MP 52    Hwy 26/Hwy 6 junction
MP 42   BP Station & Bonanza resturant
MP 41   Log Cabin resturant
MP 40   Fernwood store
MP 39   Glenwood store (ATV stickers here)
MP 33   Roger's Camp & Hwy 6 summit
MP 29   Waterfall
MP 28   South Fork road
MP 24   Lee's Camp & Ben Smith road
MP 23   Jones Creek campground
MP 18   Jordan Creek road & Keenig campground
MP 12   Kansas Creek cutoff (to Trask)
MP 8     Lil' Richie's store (ATV stkers here)
MP 0    Turn left - it's only 15 more miles to Sand Lake! :-)
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 1:03:37 PM EDT
[#14]
I am hoping to be there for this, it sounds like a good time to be had.

I do not yet have a black rifle, so I'll just hafta bring my mini14, 1 or 2 1911's and some ammo.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 1:09:23 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I am hoping to be there for this, it sounds like a good time to be had.

I do not yet have a black rifle, so I'll just hafta bring my mini14, 1 or 2 1911's and some ammo.

There are usually plenty of evil black rifles to go around at these things.  Most folks don't mind sharing a little.  Too bad we couldn't get the WA and OR shoots together but I do believe a good time will be had by all!!!
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 2:54:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Guys if you are up for a new addition to the group, I am in. As far as I know, I am available. However, being in the construction trades, plumber to be exact, schedules and time-off changes at a moments notice. Unfortunately, I have yet to be financially independent, to tell the boss NO when he calls.
Chuck
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 2:57:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Chuck,

Everybody is welcome to come.

Hope to see you there.

-Chris
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 4:51:25 PM EDT
[#18]
By all means Chuck stop on by. Everyone is welcome. Remember be safe and if you pack it in please pack it out.

Bang
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:59:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Thank you for invite. I will make sure to mark Oct. 23 10am on my calendar. I am looking forward to meeting others with the same interest as myself. Hopefully, my order of LEO Colt's will have arrived by then. I sold a bunch of stuff to raise the cash for these. However, I am not gun less at the moment.
Chuck
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 6:03:00 PM EDT
[#20]
This is going to be fun! Anyone going up the night before? Just a thought.

CH
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 2:46:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Well guys, weather.com is saying it’s going to be raining on our little shoot.

That said, maybe it’s time to sound off on who is going to be there.

I’m coming from Corvallis (spending the night before in Salem), and plan on being there at 10AM

Who else is still in?

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:09:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Well, since I have waterproof bullets, I'm going too.

Nick
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:14:12 PM EDT
[#23]
RAIN HELL YEAH IM GOING ITILL COOL THE BARREL WHILE I BUMP FIRE!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:28:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Here!

BTW: Anyone bringing their kids? I mean my kids shoot with me alot and and thought I would bring my 11 year old daughter as she enjoys it the most?

Thnaks,
CH
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:54:49 PM EDT
[#25]
I'll be there. Cape_hunter kids are welcome. They're the next generation of shooters.

Bang
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:40:28 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Well guys, weather.com is saying it’s going to be raining on our little shoot.

That said, maybe it’s time to sound off on who is going to be there.

I’m coming from Corvallis (spending the night before in Salem), and plan on being there at 10AM

Who else is still in?

I'm a native.so I'll be there
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:01:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Saturday at 10AM, the Browns Camp pit, I'll be there.

Anybody going to bring full-auto?  It adds spice!

Spambo
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 3:56:44 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Saturday at 10AM, the Browns Camp pit, I'll be there.

Anybody going to bring full-auto?  It adds spice!

Spambo

NO but I can pull the trigger really fast. Does that count?

Looks like nobody is bring the juniors. I plan on bringing one of my daughters, but would hate for her to be the only one. Anyway, I will likely bring a conopy to keep a little rain off us and may even bring a propane blast heater if I can find my extra tank.

What about targets? What are you all bringing? I wsa trying ot round up a car door but couldnt get one in time.

CH
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:12:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Picked up 1000 rds of Federal XM193 yesterday from the Outdoor Marksman in Salem.  It will take something big to keep me from showing up.  

CH:  I'd bring my little girl, but I can't find ear muffs for a 10 month old.  her
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 12:19:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Do you guys ever camp out at your shoots?  We have guys that usually stay Fri-Sun.  Shoot all day, party all night, repeat as necessary.  I was at your last shoot and it looked as if there would be plenty of places to camp there.  Looks like we have quite a group this weekend at our fall LCR shoot too.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 7:12:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Looks like we may have lots of visitors in the woods if they dont find that hunter.

See you all there.
CH
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:04:56 AM EDT
[#32]
I dug around in the shed and found my old cheap canopy. Put it up today and have all the stakes and string for it. Might have to tie it to a couple of vehicles because the ground tends to be hard and stakes might not work. Also have my trusty ol' shooting bench. See ya there.

Bang
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:08:37 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Do you guys ever camp out at your shoots?  We have guys that usually stay Fri-Sun.  Shoot all day, party all night, repeat as necessary.  I was at your last shoot and it looked as if there would be plenty of places to camp there.  Looks like we have quite a group this weekend at our fall LCR shoot too.

There must be a hundred places to camp within a mile of the Pit.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:20:00 PM EDT
[#34]
I should be able to make it on Saturday.  It would be nice to meet some fellow ARFCOMERS!  
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 2:28:32 AM EDT
[#35]
I'll be there with bells on!

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:08:04 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I dug around in the shed and found my old cheap canopy. Put it up today and have all the stakes and string for it. Might have to tie it to a couple of vehicles because the ground tends to be hard and stakes might not work. Also have my trusty ol' shooting bench. See ya there.

Bang

Good because that is the one thing I am lacking, a table to bring. I will bring my varminter rest and boresighting equip along with my AR tools just in case. The canopy I have is free standing so that should be alright. Still deciding on the propane heater, might be nice to have a place dry my hat and warm the hands.

I am going to throw one of my surp mausers in the mix as those are always fun. A case of birds, couple hundred rounds of shotty as well.

How far off hwy 6 is the quarry and will it be signed, errr plated before 1000? I would like to get there about 0930 to sert up.

CH

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:26:16 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I am going to throw one of my surp mausers in the mix as those are always fun. A case of birds, couple hundred rounds of shotty as well.

How far off hwy 6 is the quarry and will it be signed, errr plated before 1000? I would like to get there about 0930 to sert up.

CH

I was planning on bringing my Mauser as well.  I thought it might be fun to do some ballistics tests involving 8x57 rounds and pumpkins.  he

Quoted:
To get to the quarry take a left off hwy 6 at the road maintenance shop. At the T in the road go right toward Brown’s Camp. Take the first turn off to the right, (it goes down hill over a small bridge at the bottom and back up again.) There stay to the left at the turn off for University Falls. You’ll come to another T, take a right. The quarry is on the left side of the road just pass the trees. If people are shooting you’ll hear them at the last T.

Bang hippie.gif

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:44:26 AM EDT
[#38]
Ya I'll be there by 9:30. Have the plates made up.

1 Right at "T".
2 Stay to the right, down hill, over small bridge, back up other side.
3 Left at "Y".
4 Right at "T".
5 Quarry is on the left after the trees.

Bang

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:58:27 AM EDT
[#39]
Is the service road gravel, or dirt/mud?  I don't want to get stuck out there.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:26:36 AM EDT
[#40]
Roads are gravel. Cars have no problems up here. The area gets heavy use from loggers, atver's as well as hunters and plinkers so they are keep in good shape. There is even a horse camp up here and they get their horse trailers in ok. They even keep some of the roads open in the winter.

Bang
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:35:31 AM EDT
[#41]
And once again just look for the Bang Mobile. It's easy to spot.

Bang
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:45:37 AM EDT
[#42]
I'll still going to be there anyone else?
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 10:00:08 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

home.comcast.net/~ms97116/fr.jpg

Bang

You wouldn't happen to be wearing a patch over one eye would you?  

Thanks I'll see you guys in the AM.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 10:53:44 AM EDT
[#44]

The quarry symbol kind of gets lost in the original photo.  Hope this helps a little.

Gonna bring my old beater Mauser and a couple of bandos myself.

See ya'll there.  I'll be driving a green Durango.

Edited to add:  The Glenwood store about mile marker #39 usually has free maps of the area (they are the same as posted in the above pictures).  
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 10:58:00 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

home.comcast.net/~ms97116/fr.jpg

Bang

You wouldn't happen to be wearing a patch over one eye would you?  

Thanks I'll see you guys in the AM.

+1
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 2:03:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Well, if it’s old beater Mauser day, I’ll bring my old Yugo then too.

I’m thinking I’ll bring my Uzi too, don’t know if there is going to be any other Class III toys out there but I’ll bring one of mine. Bring some 9mm ammo, you guys are all more than welcome to shoot it.

What else?
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 2:20:54 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

I’m thinking I’ll bring my Uzi too, don’t know if there is going to be any other Class III toys out there but I’ll bring one of mine. Bring some 9mm ammo, you guys are all more than welcome to shoot it.

What else?

Cool now I'll bring even more 9mm (for some reson I Like 9MM.)
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 2:44:25 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

What else?

Well, I will bring extra 9mm loaded in some spare UZI mags I have(I'll have my kids load up a handful this evening while watching ROTJ).

Rain or shine, it will be fun. I'll bring a few 2x4s, hammer and nails in case we need to build a target frame of sorts. I have a PVC frame I am bringing but will only hold a target 24x36 or so.

Gonna be fun!

CH
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top