Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2019 4:07:54 PM EDT
and when i had it all together there was one little part left on the bench, what was it and does it have to go back? the gun shoots fine.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 4:25:21 PM EDT
[#1]
the sights
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 4:27:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Is this meant to be a riddle or do you really have an extra part?

Pictures or at least a description would help.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 4:29:28 PM EDT
[#3]
lol
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 4:31:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BIgDAM:
Is this meant to be a riddle or do you really have an extra part?

Pictures or at least a description would help.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 4:51:04 PM EDT
[#5]
It's a kimber, it is fine.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 5:02:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Impossible, everyone knows a 1911 never functions properly. Or has the OP found the secret, leave parts out.

Could be the firing pin block.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 5:11:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Series 80s block and spring.
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 4:19:05 PM EDT
[#8]
i think it was on the sear
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 11:09:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Pushrod maybe??
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 3:46:20 PM EDT
[#10]
i feel stupid, its the little thing next to the sear that pushes up the firing pin safety, dry fires ok, but wont shoot. put it back in and all is good. its a bitch to get back in until i figured out i had it backwards, i.e. long side to the rear. just another lawyer part
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 2:27:00 PM EDT
[#11]
depending on how much you dry fired it without the pushrod in you may have kicked up a burr on the firing pin shoulder and / or the firing pin block which can cause misfires. Take the firing pin out for a look.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 3:49:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: raf] [#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Stoney:
i feel stupid, its the little thing next to the sear that pushes up the firing pin safety, dry fires ok, but wont shoot. put it back in and all is good. its a bitch to get back in until i figured out i had it backwards, i.e. long side to the rear. just another lawyer part
View Quote
None of my 1911s have those components.  No wonder why I couldn't figure out your original post.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top