Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

kel tec p32 for carry (Page 1 of 3)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/5/2012 4:50:33 PM EDT
Hey guys i saw one of these the other day and it looked pretty great for a CCW. Do any f you guys carry this? I realize its .32 acp but still anybody?
Link Posted: 8/5/2012 5:34:04 PM EDT
[#1]
If you want a small gun, why not the P3AT?
Same size, slightly bigger bullet.
Link Posted: 8/5/2012 5:40:03 PM EDT
[#2]
yeah i have looked at those too. Whats the price difference in the two? The p32 was $150 used still had all blueing and parts looked good.
Link Posted: 8/5/2012 6:49:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd rather have a knife.

Sold my P32 and never looked back.
Link Posted: 8/5/2012 8:20:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah i would really like a glock 19 thats deffinitley my dream gun. But im not made of money sadly lol
Link Posted: 8/7/2012 5:19:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I carry one occasionally when Deep, deep cover is required.  Same size as my old Jennings .22.  It'll shoot Cor-bons just fine, giving it plenty of close up punch.  I'll hang on to it and use it in the place of the older .22 where that level of concealability is required.

Would I buy another one?  Not entirely sure.  The PF 9 is so close in size that it's almost a wash, and say what you will about the .32 (and I do like the .32), you cannot pretend it's a 9.

Link Posted: 8/11/2012 9:44:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/11/2012 4:42:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I've carried mine as a back up for years.  It has never given me any problems.  I shoot Fiocchi 60gr HP out of it and have never had a FTF or FTE.  Do I expect it to do much good beyond 15 feet; nope.  But up close and personal I think it will deter someone from continuing their detrimental activities toward me.  I carried it with the factory 10 round mag and never had any problems with concealing it.
Link Posted: 8/14/2012 1:00:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Just make sure the first shot is a good one, because they jam often.  I've put over 700 rounds through mine, and I don't think it has made it through an entire magazine without jamming.  Of course for only $150, even I would be tempted to buy a second one to have for parts.z
Link Posted: 8/14/2012 1:10:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By zoom:
Just make sure the first shot is a good one, because they jam often.  I've put over 700 rounds through mine, and I don't think it has made it through an entire magazine without jamming.  Of course for only $150, even I would be tempted to buy a second one to have for parts.z

I bought the p32 for $150 so far about 150 rounds and so far not one jam or FTF. I think the sound of the gun being fired would scare me (its very loud for those who havent shot one)
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 12:08:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Wyatt-9k] [#10]
I carry a p32 to work with an extra mag. I have blazer aluminum rounds loaded. When I take it to my little range I can pull it out and fire with no jams. My p3at on the other hand does have a jam every once in a while and it carries one less round. In my opinion its hard to beat the little p32 I dont think anything else comes close.

Link Posted: 8/19/2012 8:39:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 9:29:36 AM EDT
[#12]

Are you using JHP or FMJ's?  The shorter rounds stack up and the rim hangs on the next round.  I have never had a problem with mine since I've learned this.  The first two rounds can be JHP, one in the chamber and one in the mag, the rest should be FMJ for reliability.
Link Posted: 8/30/2012 3:03:28 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a P-32 Gen 1 that I bought early on when they came out.  I like it as a pocket pistol when wearing shorts in the summer.  I harbor no illusions about .32 ACP as a fight stopper and think this little pistol fits into the category of the old vest pistol or purse pistol for use as a last ditch weapon - a "get off of me" weapon.  Its been reliable.

I am not as accurate with it because of the short length and long trigger pull so its not a head shot across the room sort of weapon.  Strictly close range.  
Main thing is good ammo and not using hollowpoints unless you do the mag modifications per the Keltec website.  That will make it safer to use hollowpoints but I think with the limited power of the round you are better off with FMJ ammo or maybe even the Buffaloe Bore heavy .32 ACP ammo they make.  
You can't make it a .380 or 9mm so don't try.  Practice with it and realize its what it is - a close in, pocket sized defensive weapon.
Will it stop a fight?  Probably, possibly.  But there is a reason most service sidearms are 9mm and up.  

But I carry it fairly often and hope I never need it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2012 9:44:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By gitnsige:

Are you using JHP or FMJ's?  The shorter rounds stack up and the rim hangs on the next round.  I have never had a problem with mine since I've learned this.  The first two rounds can be JHP, one in the chamber and one in the mag, the rest should be FMJ for reliability.

I got rid of mine because of this.  I learned that FMJ's were longer and wouldn't do it, but never trusted it.  Other than rimlock it was 100% reliable.
Link Posted: 9/11/2012 9:24:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/11/2012 3:51:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VBC] [#16]
I have a P32 with the Crimson Trace grip on it and it gets carried sometimes.  It's about like carrying a pack of cigarettes.

I acutally bought the .32 over .380 because you get slightly more ammo capacity, last shot hold open on the slide and a little better controllability/hitability.

After doing a "fluff and buff" (just smoothing the mating surfaces of the gun with 600 grit sandpaper) it has functioned 100%.  I carry FMJ bullets in it for 15 - 18" of penetration.

For .32 it suprisingly has a bit of wallop when I've shot things with it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2012 8:41:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Bought mine used here on the EE. Never failed to function even full of pocket lint. Every 2-3 weeks,I pull it out in the back yard and fire the one original mag and then the spare 10 round mag.
Boringly reliable.  At the range, I concentrate on the throat/mouth/nose area of the target and can reasonably make good hits at 15 feet or so.  Its not a large calibre but its in my pocket any time I am awake.
Link Posted: 9/16/2012 9:52:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/23/2012 7:22:36 PM EDT
[#19]
I have carried one for several years. I like it better than the P3AT due to the extra round in the magazine and the better shooting qualities. I shoot only FMJ in my P32, HP seems kind of pointless. The better penetration of FMJ is needed with such a low powered cartridge. Mine is accurate at 15 to 25 feet, which is pretty much your fighting range with these pocket pistols. I have never had a jam or misfeed, but I think that is as much due to my use of FMJ only, as anything else. I recommend it, most concealable pistol I own. Great for pocket carry, even in jeans or shorts. This is important in a hot weather state like SC.

As far as lethality, a local attorney used one recently to stop an armed robbery. He left one perp dead, the other wounded. Not bad for a pistol some deride as "worse than a knife".
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 11:39:52 PM EDT
[#20]
I bought one when they were first released. I never had a problem with it, but sold it when the need for deep concealment was no longer a concern. Several years later, I got a great deal on another and picked it up as a backup to my G19. Then, I ended up getting back into a situation where deep concealment was extremely important, so it became my primary carry gun. Now, I don't need to worry about deep concealment as much, so it gets rotated out with my S&W 638, depending on my attire and how well the 638 hides.

I harbor no illusions about the marginal effectiveness of the .32 ACP round. However, when I carry it, I am literally in a position where it is my P32 or a pocket knife. I can't risk someone seeing the bulge in my pocket of a holster, and the P32 blends well. I prefer the P32 over the P3At for the same reasons others have already mentioned: one extra round and the last-round-slide-lock, not to mention the 1 oz less weight and the 0.1 inch thinner profile. Oh, and the .32 doesn't have the same felt recoil as the .380.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 2:04:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 8:24:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Everyday.  The family has instructions to bury it with me.

Link Posted: 12/30/2012 8:17:00 AM EDT
[#23]
I carry one all summer. Never had any issues with the gun so far.
Link Posted: 12/30/2012 12:50:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Saber329] [#24]
I purchased one with a hard chromed slide off of Gunbroker when the second generation pistols was the rage; it was my first CCW.

I don't carry it now, I've moved on to a 9mm, but I still have the pistol. I've only put a couple hundred rounds through it, but it has functioned flawlessly.

Enjoy your new pistol.
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 5:13:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Today, my P32 went to its new home.  My elderly mother called last night and complained that, with her arthritis, she could no longer hold the Rossi .38 that's been by her bedside for the past thirty years.  Just too heavy.  

You guys who already have P32s know the answer to that, right?  Put the 10 rounder in the well and brought it over.  Cleared the chamber and let her pull the trigger a couple of times to determine that it was well within her means.  Battery of arms was simple enough, as she's got more years of experience with guns than most of us have years.  

Hopefully, I'll get her out to the range when it warms up, but meanwhile, rather than a 4 shot (fixed firing pin, so no round under the hammer) .38 that's a struggle even to hold, she's got 11 CorBon .32s that she can still deploy in a package that she can grip and control.

EDC means different things to different people.
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 6:07:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/2/2013 6:10:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Combat_Jack:
I'd rather have a knife.

???????????????

Link Posted: 1/8/2013 3:54:11 PM EDT
[#28]

Originally Posted By TheOTHERmaninblack:

Today, my P32 went to its new home.  My elderly mother called last night and complained that, with her arthritis, she could no longer hold the Rossi .38 that's been by her bedside for the past thirty years.  Just too heavy.  

You guys who already have P32s know the answer to that, right?  Put the 10 rounder in the well and brought it over.  Cleared the chamber and let her pull the trigger a couple of times to determine that it was well within her means.  Battery of arms was simple enough, as she's got more years of experience with guns than most of us have years.  

Hopefully, I'll get her out to the range when it warms up, but meanwhile, rather than a 4 shot (fixed firing pin, so no round under the hammer) .38 that's a struggle even to hold, she's got 11 CorBon .32s that she can still deploy in a package that she can grip and control.

Better to have a gun that she can run well. If that's a P32, more power to her. Do you think she benefit from having a laser on the P32?

Link Posted: 1/10/2013 4:50:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By MOLOT:
Originally Posted By Combat_Jack:
I'd rather have a knife.

???????????????

Mine isn't a P32 but an old Armi Galesi 32ACP, at 7+ feet MUCH BETTER than a knife.
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 8:50:56 PM EDT
[#30]

Originally Posted By dirksterG30:

Originally Posted By TheOTHERmaninblack:

Better to have a gun that she can run well. If that's a P32, more power to her. Do you think she benefit from having a laser on the P32?

I gave it some thought, but anything she's likely to encounter is going to be a home invasion, where the range will be about spitting distance.  At that range, based on my memories of her past shooting (she grew up with guns) she ought to be able to point shoot ten rounds into a saucer sized area. Unless, of course, she V-strings them because of the recoil those Corbons cause.  Should still do the trick, though

Link Posted: 2/11/2013 12:36:08 PM EDT
[#31]
My wife is very petite and carries the P32 with Crimson Trace Laser. It was the only thing she could actually hide on her body. Neither her no I cared for a purse solution. She uses Buffalo Bore with plenty of punch. She loves 1911s and Glocks, but might as well try hiding a shoebox as either of those.
Link Posted: 2/11/2013 5:34:52 PM EDT
[#32]
One more thing, we did have to send a new P32 back to Kel Tec due to light primer strikes. After a few short weeks, what we received back has performed flawless for over 600 rounds. Buyers, please do not hesitate to send a gun back. What you will get back will be smooth and reliable. Kel Tec customer service = A+
Link Posted: 2/12/2013 6:40:10 PM EDT
[#33]
I have not tried the Buffalo Bore ammo.  Usually carry Fiocchi FMJ in it because its the what I figure is the hottest, most affordable ammo I can find around here.  

I have a Gen 1 P-32 that has been dependable.  I might have to pick up a box of Buffalo Bore and give it a try.  I find myself carrying the P-32 more during the hot months and just ordered a JSHolster's pocket holster for it.  I never felt comfortable with the pocket clip and have an old Uncle Mike's No.1 I have used a long time.  Just don't like it but have made it work.  

A friend carries his P-3AT in a JSHolster pocket holster and it looks like a wallet in his front pocket in tighter jeans and is un-noticeable in khakis or loose shorts.  On him at least - he is lighter framed than me so we'll see how it works with my shape.    
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 2:57:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Buffalo Bore .32 ACP +P Ammo - 75 gr. Hardcast F.N. (1150fps/ M.E. 220 ft. lbs.)

Makes the little gun bark pretty loud.
Link Posted: 2/15/2013 6:10:15 AM EDT
[#35]
I am NOT a big Kel-Tec guy but I shot a P-32 a couple months ago and immediately trade a crappy 380 for it.
The P-32 I have appears fairly beat up and not very pretty but I have put several mags through it with Car Bon, Blazer 71 gr.
and one other load and haven't had a single issue. It is a helluva a lot more accurate than I ever would have imagined.
Overall....I am VERY impressed with my P-32 and whether I'm carrying my 9mm or my 40, the P-32 is always in my computer
bag or in my back pocket.....love that little gun!
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 11:11:10 PM EDT
[#36]
I have a P32 that goes everywhere I do. I have been reliably running FMJs' in it with no problems, but I may look into the Buffalo bore bullets. A little more punch from this gun would be welcome.
Link Posted: 2/19/2013 1:29:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Has anyone here ever read or ran any tests with the Corbon DPX rounds? I'd be interested in trying them.
Link Posted: 3/1/2013 5:42:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Here is a link to their web page describing the .32 load.

https://www.buffalobore.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=132
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 11:04:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By nmoldguns:
Here is a link to their web page describing the .32 load.

https://www.buffalobore.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=132

Sweet.
Link Posted: 5/27/2013 9:19:14 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/27/2013 10:50:32 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/1/2013 9:27:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Just my 2 cents . . .

Several new students in our classes have tried the PA3AT and the P-32.  Just about everyone likes the 32 -- not the 380 so much.  

Must students can do very well with their shot placement with the 32.  

Nuff said . . . .

Link Posted: 6/9/2013 2:51:50 AM EDT
[#43]
I've had a P32 for over 10 years. I carried it daily for about 7 years. It's been a great, reliable little pistol.
Link Posted: 6/23/2013 11:44:13 AM EDT
[#44]
They tend to be easier to "limp wrist" because they are so light, and there's not much to hold onto.  Many of the malfunctions people experience with them is due to this.  The other is ammo.  

I picked up a used one to play with, and it took a couple hundred rounds to figure out what the best way to hold it was and what ammo to use.  Fiocchi works great in mine.  Rem, Win, and Magtec all choked a few.  The Rem was the worst.  All of it FMJ.  As noted above, FMJ's probably the best round for defense in .32ACP.  While "deathgrip" is generally frowned upon in marksmanship classes, the tighter you hold the gun, the better.  Stiff arm the thing and it will generally run quite well.  Once I figured out the best way to hold it, and the best ammo to use, it runs great.

It's not going to replace any primary CCW anytime soon, but for "vest pocket" use, it will work.

Link Posted: 6/23/2013 11:46:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ross] [#45]
Link Posted: 6/26/2013 2:20:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Wow this thread is still going. But it runs flawlessly haven't had a single malfunction on it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 4:08:26 PM EDT
[#47]
I've been thinking about getting one for pocket or bellyband carry when I don't wear a belt (jogging, gym, etc).  First pistol I ever bought was a P3AT and I didn't like it, sold it after about a year.  The P32 seems to have less recoil from what I've heard here, and I like that you can get 10rd mags for it.  Reliability would be my biggest concern, and finding .32ACP, which is still less rare than .380 these days.
Link Posted: 8/12/2013 8:36:37 AM EDT
[#48]
I carry one. I load the mags with hp, fmj, hp..ect. Its easier for me to fire it using my middle finger instead of my index finger due to the long trigger pull.
Link Posted: 8/17/2013 11:00:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9a91] [#49]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By thedreamer123:
Wow this thread is still going. But it runs flawlessly haven't had a single malfunction on it.
View Quote

I carry mine daily, but do not shoot it very often.  Just shoot it l last week for the first time in nearly a year.  The eight rounds in it, which had developed a nice bronzey patina, all fired no problems.  The first shot produced a small cloud of lint.  

When it was new I did my own version of the fluff and buff on it.  In addition to deburing the internals I smoothed the trigger face and inside of the trigger guard.  Both of which had noticeable, and uncomfortable, mold flash on them.

I lube it with a thin coat of SuperLube synthetic/Teflon grease.  I shoot and carry only S&B FMJ.

EDIT: Fixed kindle auto correct.

EDIT2:  I carry both a P32 (BUG) and a knife without issue.

And over loading the .32 Auto won't make it anything more then it is.  One thing I have been curious about is a P3AT chamber in the .32NAA.  Seems like it might be worth something.
Link Posted: 8/18/2013 2:40:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Evidently, you can reduce the trigger pull weight, and decrease the recoil ( when the part is in stock ) - http://gallowayprecision.com/kel-tec-performance/p3at-performance-parts/
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
kel tec p32 for carry (Page 1 of 3)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top