Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2024 6:45:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DavidY]
When did black Dagger slides switch from DLC to Cerakote?  The current webpage says the barrel is DLC coated but the slide has a cerakote finish.

How can I tell them apart visually if I were looking at one in person?  

I had a gray cerakote Dagger slide and it was so horrible that I swore off ever buying a cerakote Dagger slide again. PSA response was it's going to wear, but this has chunks falling off of it!  

Link Posted: 1/27/2024 6:56:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By DavidY:
When did Dagger slides switch from DLC to Cerakote?

How can I tell them apart visually if I were looking at one in person?  

I had a gray cerakote Dagger slide and it was so horrible that I swore off ever buying a cerakote Dagger slide again. PSA response was it's going to wear, but this has chunks falling off of it!  

View Quote

IDK. My first 2 Daggers are DLC, finish is as good as any other of my pistols. After that, the rest are Cerakote like, and not so much.

The finish wear isn't that bad, and if it bothers you look into getting it refinished in Cerakote.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 9:26:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By colklink:

The finish wear isn't that bad, and if it bothers you look into getting it refinished in Cerakote.
View Quote

I have a used slide on the way, it won't be economically feasible to spend a bunch of money on a cheap slide (which was the point of getting a used Dagger slide to begin with ).  

I'm just wondering when the change happened and what the visual differences are.  This is a basic, Combat Cut non-optic slide, so fingers crossed it's old enough to be DLC.  

Off to Google image search!  If I find a good comparison photo, I'll leave it here.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 11:47:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought only their black slides were DLC?  Did they go to Cerakote on their black slides as well?
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 11:58:55 PM EDT
[#4]
The one I have from last spring is gray and I thought it was advertised as DLC. If it's Cerakote, it's wearing better than any Cerakote I've ever seen.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 12:03:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By ManiacRat:  The one I have from last spring is gray and I thought it was advertised as DLC. If it's Cerakote, it's wearing better than any Cerakote I've ever seen.
View Quote

Can DLC be done in grey?  Thought all the non-black colors were Cerakote from the beginning.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 12:54:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ManiacRat] [#6]
Originally Posted By backbencher:

Can DLC be done in grey?  Thought all the non-black colors were Cerakote from the beginning.
View Quote
No clue.

I did my 17 slide in DLC with Battle Werx and it didn't have color options. Same for my Staccato, also DLC but no color options.

ETA: Went back and looked at the order. Barrel is DLC. Slide is Cerakote. So yeah. Whoever did their cerakote on this thing did a good job. It's wearing better than anything I've owned. I got to where I hated Cerakote cause it rubbed off so fast. I'm
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 1:04:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DavidY] [#7]
Originally Posted By backbencher:
I thought only their black slides were DLC?  Did they go to Cerakote on their black slides as well?
View Quote

That's what I thought, someone mentioned they did cerakote now.  

From a current page.

"includes Co-Witness Sights and a Black Cerakote finish"

SOME Barrels are still DLC coated.  Some are not.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 1:17:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Yeah I think only the black ones are DLC.

I have to say, it is a surprisingly durable finish.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 1:23:56 AM EDT
[#9]
I edited my OP to state I'm asking specifically about the black finish slides.  I was understanding that the finishes were....

Black DLC
Stainless PVD (I still want a polished one)
Cerakote (all other colors)
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 11:19:50 PM EDT
[#10]
The black slides were originally DLC.  Slides with optic cuts were cerakoted, probably to get a better color match between the slide and optic cut cover.  Now that all slides have optic cuts, there are no DLC slides.  Eliminating the DLC coating probably saved a good bit of money.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 11:36:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top