User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/28/2023 9:48:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/29/2023 10:25:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I get so confused by these threads. What is the difficulty in them fitting holsters? I've yet to find any of my holsters that pose an issue for me.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 7:57:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ManiacRat:
I get so confused by these threads. What is the difficulty in them fitting holsters? I've yet to find any of my holsters that pose an issue for me.
View Quote

Are you buying a holster designed for a Dagger?  Is yes, you should be fine.

LOTS of people claim Glock holsters fit, but definitely not all fit.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 5:32:24 PM EDT
[#4]
And there are a lot more available than when I first started this thread…
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 7:14:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Has anyone tried black hawk T series for streamlight
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 11:02:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By DavidY:

Are you buying a holster designed for a Dagger?  Is yes, you should be fine.

LOTS of people claim Glock holsters fit, but definitely not all fit.
View Quote
Nope. I use my Glock holsters. Including Safariland stuff.
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 5:49:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By ManiacRat:
Nope. I use my Glock holsters. Including Safariland stuff.
View Quote

With a light?

Most light bearing holsters "fit" on the light.  My non light Glock holster didn't fit my Dagger
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 9:16:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Logcutter:

With a light?

Most light bearing holsters "fit" on the light.  My non light Glock holster didn't fit my Dagger
View Quote
Yep. Mostly anyway. I've IWB'ed it in a CompTac MTAC without a light a few times. No issues.

I'll have to see if I have any non light holsters besides the MTAC. I'm not sure I do anymore. That could very well be the difference.
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 11:23:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By wickedbeernut:
I also recently added D2 Tactical to the list,
D2 Tactical
I'm currently working with the 20+ manufacturers to update their product descriptions to indicate whether their holster supports both the Compact DaggerTM and DaggerTM Full Size - S.  Previously, manufacturers tended to only acknowledge the Compact DaggerTM.  Some manufacturers only called out "Dagger".  Of course, soon (?) we'll have a Micro DaggerTM, DaggerTM Full Size - L, ... It's best to draw the distinction now,
Compact DaggerTM and DaggerTM Full Size - S Holsters
If you're aware of other manufacturers who offer holsters specifically designed for the Compact DaggerTM and/or DaggerTM Full Size - S that are not on the list, please let me know.

Note: The Compact DaggerTM and DaggerTM Full Size - S slides are one and the same (identical). We don't expect the differences (namely the finger groove / bump and frame height) between the Compact DaggerTM and DaggerTM Full Size - S frames to impact holster compatibility. However, we need manufacturers to identify, as part of their product description, that their holster is specifically designed for the Compact DaggerTM and DaggerTM Full Size - S in order for us to identify the holster as such.
View Quote

Just ordered from d2
Link Posted: 9/5/2023 12:48:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks to the TLR-7A, my Dagger frame fits in a G19 holster Safariland 6378 perfectly.  

Without the light, it's a little clumsy going in but so is the Glock.
Link Posted: 11/25/2023 10:36:02 AM EDT
[#11]
So is there a good list of holsters that fit the full sized dagger with suppressor height sights since this seems to be all they make now?
Link Posted: 12/3/2023 8:34:08 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm heavily invested in Glock
Recently picked up a dagger and pretty impressed

For holsters one thing I've noticed is how it's molded, if kydex.

If vacuum molded it has a hard time fitting
If pressure molded, ie foam/press it's more likely to fit
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 11:05:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DavidY] [#13]
My newest from Bordertown Holsters (thanks to the 25% off Thanksgiving Day sale).

I ordered it for the SX.  I don't have a longer slide, but since I was getting it to fit the Nightstick TWM-30 (TLR1HL size), I figured why not have the extra room in case I upgrade (or the very unlikely chance that I install some sort of muzzle device).  

Usual price is $45 + $5 for a light.  

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

It's noticeable when bending over compared to the standard dagger size holster I use.  If it really mattered, I would have spent more on the TLR 7A instead of the $50 Nightstick TWM-30, but this allowed me to get two lights for the less than the price of one.

Link Posted: 1/3/2024 10:50:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rugby3] [#14]
Picked up a KT Mech OWB for full size dagger. The challenge is that I only picked up both the Compact & Fullsize frames during one of the sales. I've already got some P-80 builds and wanted to try the Dagger frames out. I've got a Swenson slide that works well on both the Dagger and P-80 frames but it's to wide for the KT Mech Dagger holster.

Taking off the slide and just inserting the frames they both click into the holster nicely so further identifying the slide being larger than what a Dagger slide is.

Out of curiosity could someone mic the width of their dagger slide for me? I've got to decide to pick up a dagger slide or just add a light and buy a new holster that fits to the light?

edit just to correct/clear details.

Link Posted: 1/3/2024 11:17:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By thenning:
KT-Mech
Probably going to order one this week.
View Quote
After buying one for my dagger I bought one for my p365. They make a quality left hand holster.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 4:39:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Rugby3:

Out of curiosity could someone mic the width of their dagger slide for me? I've got to decide to pick up a dagger slide or just add a light and buy a new holster that fits to the light?

edit just to correct/clear details.

View Quote

I'll set a reminder to do that in the morning when I get home.  

I can also compare that to a Brownells and Remsport slide.  
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 7:21:51 AM EDT
[#17]

I'll set a reminder to do that in the morning when I get home.  

I can also compare that to a Brownells and Remsport slide.  
View Quote

@DavidY,   greatly appreciate it, as I have different slides on my other P-80 builds. Aim for my SC and Brownells for my CL.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 9:47:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DavidY] [#18]

If a holster maker is very exact and made the holster tapered the same way a dagger slide is towards the top, that would definitely be an issue.

@DavidY,   greatly appreciate it, as I have different slides on my other P-80 builds. Aim for my SC and Brownells for my CL.
View Quote

Using a $6 measurement device, the top of the dagger slide is 22.74 mm.  The widest part in the middle is about 25 and a half.

The Brownells slide is squared at around 25.40 mm wide.

The Remsport is essentially the same as the Brownells in the middle. A little over 24mm at the very front but once again, it does have a square profile unlike the dagger slide.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 9:52:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 9:53:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DavidY] [#20]
Big Chungus Brownells

Attachment Attached File

His less expensive brother Remsport.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 10:18:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RottenPumpkin] [#21]
Originally Posted By AS556:
My Bravo concealment G19/TLR1 holster fits my dagger/TLR1 perfectly
View Quote

Adding to this. I have a Bravo Concealment non lightbearing and it fits the wives Dagger perfectly with suppresor height sights.

Link Posted: 1/4/2024 1:11:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By optimator:

@wickedbeernut

KT Mech is also making a Dagger holster.
View Quote

This! I have a KT Mech holster and love it. I also have a Hawg Holsters IWB for my Dagger and I like it.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 1:46:35 PM EDT
[#23]
@davidy. Thanks very much for all the information and pictures. I'll post up the same late tonight when I'm home from work as well.

Might help those who have Dagger frames and other brands slides.

Holsters aren't cheap and you certainly don't recoup your money if they don't work out.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 1:51:11 PM EDT
[#24]
@davidy. Thanks very much for all the information and pictures. I'll post up the same late tonight when I'm home from work as well.

Holsters aren't cheap and you certainly don't recoup your money if they don't work out.
View Quote

Hope it helps!
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 2:54:45 PM EDT
[#25]
For an optic equipped  Dagger compact, the Safariland 578 Pro Fit works.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 4:06:34 PM EDT
[#26]
My Trex Arms Sidecar for a 19x with TLR1 fits my Dagger just fine.
Link Posted: 1/4/2024 10:59:20 PM EDT
[#27]

Hope it helps!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Hope it helps!

The Dagger slide definitely looks tapered enough to make the difference, here are my various slides that I have on my P80's and of course the Compact slide I am using on the Dagger frame.
Will probably have to do two things, get WML and WML holster so I can use this Compact slide on the Dagger frames, and also get a Dagger slide so I can use this KT Mech Holster.

Aim Surplus 17 Length
Attachment Attached File

Midway Swenson 19 Slide
Attachment Attached File

Brownell's 26 Slide
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 2:04:31 PM EDT
[#28]
I have a 6304RDS ALS/SLS for my G19 Gen 4. A buddy has a full size dagger and it fits "decent". As far as the retention and locking it works as advertised. The only issue is holstering. There is a stud that lines up with the barrel end you have to be mindful of to get to go in straight. But I think its becasue of the different shaped trigger guard you have to go in at an off kilter angle. With plenty of practice it shouldn't be a problem though. Coming out of holster is just as east as my G19.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 2:17:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 4:15:06 PM EDT
[#30]
If you're using a Dagger slide on a Glock frame (for a frame of approximate Glock dimensions like a Combat Armory), I feel the Dagger slide goes in and out even faster since the front has the tapered slide (combat carry?).  

Link Posted: 2/6/2024 1:49:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Here is a Safariland GLS 578 and a Bianchi Assent GLS  MODEL 126 SIZE 83 with a Dagger that has suppressor high sights.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 1:50:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 4:17:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Currently waiting on a holster for my micro from Hilliker Holsters

In their drop down menu, they offer holsters for the compact.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 5:50:29 PM EDT
[#34]
At the request of someone on Facebook asking about the OEM Glock sport combat holster.

Non-optic cut slide, stock (short) sights.  

It fits TIGHTLY.  It's not coming out by accident.  I wouldn't carry this way unless I had to, or I might need both hands to pull it out.  

Attachment Attached File

Dagger RMR cut slide with taller sights (unsure which height, slide was bought used) and it's not even getting in all the way.  Not a shock however.  

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 10:20:43 AM EDT
[#35]
https://wethepeopleholsters.com/products/psa-dagger-full-size-owb-holster?variant=40742681346146

This should be showing up soon. Mostly for holding it at the range between mags and carrying when I feel like it.

If you add it to your cart and wait a few days you’ll get a discount code. If you use DAN25 you’ll get 25% off.

I considered buying their neoprene/pocket holster but the dagger seems too large for a pocket.  It feels good to buy local American products from someone who was maybe once around a Veteran.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top